1964 Ears
Oct 31, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #5,686 of 7,417
  Will it sound good though? The Roxanne is 12 driver and I thought the JH13 sounded a lot better with only 6 drivers.

That is the $1000 question - I am willing to take it - a 10 driver? My guess is the $1000 is the 10 - It looks like a better value than was originally thought - when we heard the kickstarted customs were $1000 and that was 40% off - I thought, whoa - the flagship is $899 now - that is quite a jump for a ADEL version of that can.... So this is still a leap of faith at 10 drivers - but less of one than simply am ADEL version of the V8....

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:38 PM Post #5,687 of 7,417
Wonder what the sound sig will be like. It's tempting for me as well, as I was willing to shell out the money to get a JH13, which has more than proven itself. I hope they put up a lot more details about the Adel before someone would have to buy it, such as sound sig, noise isolation, sound leakage due to the port, etc. Could be interesting though. Maybe they'll make it a 4 or 5 way like the noble k10.

Nov 1, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #5,688 of 7,417
Quote:
Wonder what the sound sig will be like... I hope they put up a lot more details about the Adel before someone would have to buy it, such as sound sig, noise isolation, sound leakage due to the port, etc. Could be interesting though. Maybe they'll make it a 4 or 5 way like the noble k10.

-- me too, thats my main question really
-- for sure, but i still have confidence that 1964 will deliver. theyre a class act is what i've concluded and my real worry is that i buy an iem for trebleheads and not really anything other than.
-- also, what's a 4 or 5 way

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #5,689 of 7,417
If you didnt notice yet, on 1964ears page:

10-driver with Adel 1799$
12 driver with Adel 1999$

Little bit surprised by price. 1964 always focused on best performance for price, ,ow their TOTL models are more expensive than rivals.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 1, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #5,690 of 7,417
I don't see why a BA based iem would need a vent.  You see vent on dynamic driver or hybrids so the the dynamic can move freely.  Should not be an issue with BA as it works on different principles.  Vent design that comes to mind is again a dynamic driver iem, the ie800 with dual vents.  I've heard that it is to drop the resonance from shallow insertion which will cause half wave resonance in the canal which releases that pressure and the other vent for rear cavity.  So basically two vents are used for ease of movement of the dynamic driver on both ends. 

They should provide a white paper or something more detailed than little info on this so called "innovative design."

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #5,691 of 7,417
With the discount very interesting. I was back and forth between getting an ak240 or keeping my 120ii... I now am thinking keep the 120ii and order one of these Adel things. I'm very tempted to take a leap of faith here...

Nov 1, 2014 at 8:52 AM Post #5,692 of 7,417
  If you didnt notice yet, on 1964ears page:

10-driver with Adel 1799$
12 driver with Adel 1999$

Little bit surprised by price. 1964 always focused on best performance for price, ,ow their TOTL models are more expensive than rivals.

Looking at that pricing, the Universal with Adel is probably just going to be a V2 or equilavent at most...

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #5,693 of 7,417
Things are getting interesting now. Was looking at perhaps the V3, Qi or the V6-Stage but these new ADEL customs are intriguing, to say the least. MSRP is a killer, but the 40% off is very tempting.

To be honest, I'm perfectly fine with having a 10/12 driver flagship without the ADEL technology. I'm not sure if such an option will be offered in the future, though.

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:28 AM Post #5,695 of 7,417
RE: pricing, they probably felt that no one would buy them if the price wasn't high enough.

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:34 AM Post #5,696 of 7,417
One of my main concern is the size with 12 drivers and Adel tech cramped inside. If it's as big as Roxanne then I'll pass...

Nov 1, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #5,697 of 7,417
RE: pricing, they probably felt that no one would buy them if the price wasn't high enough.

I don't know how expensive the ADEL technology is, but $2,000 for a 12 driver custom is extremely steep. Based on the $900 MSRP for the V8, an ADEL-less V12 should be within the vicinity of $1,300? Anyway, at $1,000 with the Kickstarter discount, it is certainly more reasonable and a whole lot more appealing. Hope to get more information about these new flagships soon.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:13 AM Post #5,698 of 7,417

I don't know how expensive the ADEL technology is, but $2,000 for a 12 driver custom is extremely steep. Based on the $900 MSRP for the V8, an ADEL-less V12 should be within the vicinity of $1,300? Anyway, at $1,000 with the Kickstarter discount, it is certainly more reasonable and a whole lot more appealing. Hope to get more information about these new flagships soon.

It's definitely steep, by any measure.

I'm most concerned about sound leakage/isolation with the ADEL vent. From the descriptions I've read so far, it seems like it will also let in ambient noise when the vent is open and I don't know if I'm gonna be into that. What I like about BA IEMs is the fact that it completely isolates you from the outside world, completely enveloping you in sound. I might shoot them an e-mail about it to ask for clarification.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #5,699 of 7,417

I'm most concerned about sound leakage/isolation with the ADEL vent. From the descriptions I've read so far, it seems like it will also let in ambient noise when the vent is open and I don't know if I'm gonna be into that. What I like about BA IEMs is the fact that it completely isolates you from the outside world, completely enveloping you in sound. I might shoot them an e-mail about it to ask for clarification.

Please do.

Nov 1, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #5,700 of 7,417

Thanks. Do let us know once you get a reply, if you do. I think we're all eager to know how the ADEL technology affects the IEM's sound presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back