1964 Ears
Oct 29, 2014 at 10:24 AM Post #5,656 of 7,417
  Hey, I didn't know all of you were Singaporean. *waves* Looks like 1964 Ears has quite a number of SG fans here on Head-Fi.

Anyway, I'm interested in getting either a V3, Qi or a V6-Stage. The V3 and V6-Stage are well regarded here, but there are almost no reviews or impressions of the Qi. Has anybody managed to compare these 3?

I'm less of a fan and more of a curious about future prospects haha

Oct 29, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #5,658 of 7,417
  I'm less of a fan and more of a curious about future prospects haha

I think 1964 Ears has an interesting lineup. Noble Audio is another company whose offerings I am very interested in. Thankfully, Music Sanctuary offers both, so I can audition their IEMs in one place.

Oct 29, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #5,659 of 7,417

I think 1964 Ears has an interesting lineup. Noble Audio is another company whose offerings I am very interested in. Thankfully, Music Sanctuary offers both, so I can audition their IEMs in one place.

I already want a kaiser 10 :p the universal verison looks very nice. But so does a 24 carat gold sparkle custom :D

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:03 PM Post #5,660 of 7,417

I already want a kaiser 10 :p the universal verison looks very nice. But so does a 24 carat gold sparkle custom :D

Ahhh yes, I agree, those Noble customs are just pure earphone bling. A K10 in carbon glass faceplates must be the most desirable looking custom on this planet.

My wallet says no. However, I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before it loses the fight. 
ph34r.gif

Oct 29, 2014 at 5:54 PM Post #5,661 of 7,417

Ahhh yes, I agree, those Noble customs are just pure earphone bling. A K10 in carbon glass faceplates must be the most desirable looking custom on this planet.

My wallet says no. However, I have a feeling it's only a matter of time before it loses the fight. 
ph34r.gif

\

Haha agreed. I really want to find a place where I can demo the universals

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:17 PM Post #5,662 of 7,417
Hey, I didn't know all of you were Singaporean. *waves* Looks like 1964 Ears has quite a number of SG fans here on Head-Fi.

Anyway, I'm interested in getting either a V3, Qi or a V6-Stage. The V3 and V6-Stage are well regarded here, but there are almost no reviews or impressions of the Qi. Has anybody managed to compare these 3?

I don't know what your personal preferences are so it's hard to offer any targeted insight, but having owned the V3 for about a year now I would recommend the Qi or above if your set on customs. If universals are fine, I'd recommend the JVC FX850 over the V3 as long as strong isolation isn't your goal.

Side question:
Anyone planning to up in on the ADEL line when the kickstarter drops? Curiosity about the tech is really drawing me into a first day commitment on one of the $100-200 universals.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:46 PM Post #5,663 of 7,417
What would you guys say is the difference in sound when listening to a universal V6S vs. a custom V6S?

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:51 PM Post #5,664 of 7,417
  What would you guys say is the difference in sound when listening to a universal V6S vs. a custom V6S?

Hopefully soon I will be able to tell if there is a difference between the V8 custom and universal (boy, if it's better I'll explode because the universal was brilliant)

As for the Kickstarter campaign - I am looking at the V-Series universals with the ADEL tech as opposed to the box stock Asius models - maybe a V3 or Quad - depending on pricing. But I will be there at the beginning - and be comforted in the knowledge that the company behind it is established and liquid enough to follow through on the products.

Oct 29, 2014 at 7:59 PM Post #5,665 of 7,417
As for the Kickstarter campaign - I am looking at the V-Series universals with the ADEL tech as opposed to the box stock Asius models - maybe a V3 or Quad - depending on pricing. But I will be there at the beginning - and be comforted in the knowledge that the company behind it is established and liquid enough to follow through on the products.

I just might be joining you... the universals look pretty neat, and 1964 has a very strong reputation.

Oct 29, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #5,666 of 7,417
Just received my Universal Roxanne's. Going to do a comparison against my V8s Customs after a few days.

:) 

Oct 29, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #5,668 of 7,417
  Just received my Universal Roxanne's. Going to do a comparison against my V8s Customs after a few days.

:) 

Initial impressions: The Roxanne's highs / Mids seem alot more clearer and the V8s treble seemed a bit rolled off, ever so slighty. Bass boost on the Roxanne's set at 4o'clock - The bass response in the low end doesnt seem as controlled as the V8s. I feel this is a disappointment in the Roxanne's. Being used to the V8s bass for almost 6 months of heavy use ( daily driver ), the low end seems muffled for the Roxannes. Turning back the bass boost to 2o'clock. It feels much more controlled and functional to listen to. However not as punchy as the V8s. for being universal.... these things are huge... they barely fit in my ears.

Will give some more feedback after more listening sessions.

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:18 AM Post #5,669 of 7,417

Initial impressions: The Roxanne's highs / Mids seem alot more clearer and the V8s treble seemed a bit rolled off, ever so slighty. Bass boost on the Roxanne's set at 4o'clock - The bass response in the low end doesnt seem as controlled as the V8s. I feel this is a disappointment in the Roxanne's. Being used to the V8s bass for almost 6 months of heavy use ( daily driver ), the low end seems muffled for the Roxannes. Turning back the bass boost to 2o'clock. It feels much more controlled and functional to listen to. However not as punchy as the V8s. for being universal.... these things are huge... they barely fit in my ears.

Will give some more feedback after more listening sessions.

Cool! I personally wasn't impressed at all by the Roxannes at RMAF. Thought the JH13 sounded better. The Roxannes I just found 'meh'.

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:39 AM Post #5,670 of 7,417
Can anyone comment on the effect of pneumatic pressures on the ear? E.g. with respect to ADEL tech

Users who are viewing this thread

Back