1964 Ears
Nov 5, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #5,731 of 7,417
  Maybe his main point was that 1964 Ears with the introduction of ADEL no longer represents great value from what they used to be known for and is merely using ADEL tech as a means of charging skyrocket prices the same as other well-established companies. Hopefully that's not the case and is more revolutionary for the steep price hike.

This is indeed my main point. The ADEL tech just doesn't seem as impressive to me if by opening the port I have to compensate for the change in sound signature by EQing my player. And it only works by opening the port; when closed it's just like any other IEM. So why the steep price hike then? Is that tech really worth $200 extra (compared to say a K10 which costs $1599)?

I just don't like it when in marketing speak certain technology is all hyped up, but then when you find out the truth it's not as impressive as all the marketing people would have you believe (that's why I hate marketing in general). But I'll hold of final judgement for tomorrow until all the details have been released. Otherwise, it still sounds interesting to be able to get a 10 driver IEM (no guarantee it sounds good, but they haven't screwed up the V6S or V8 from what I've reading and heard (only heard V6S) so I'm hopeful the A10/A12 will sound good as well) for $1000. At that price it's a very good deal.

Nov 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #5,733 of 7,417
Iva, I hope you paid for overnight as I'm dying to hear some impressions... I need a CIEM... hell I'll PayPal you the damn $17!!

Oh, heck yeah I did...

I gotta try the uber with all my 2-pin headphones. My JH16 is breathing new life. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #5,735 of 7,417
This is indeed my main point. The ADEL tech just doesn't seem as impressive to me if by opening the port I have to compensate for the change in sound signature by EQing my player. And it only works by opening the port; when closed it's just like any other IEM. So why the steep price hike then? Is that tech really worth $200 extra (compared to say a K10 which costs $1599)?

I just don't like it when in marketing speak certain technology is all hyped up, but then when you find out the truth it's not as impressive as all the marketing people would have you believe (that's why I hate marketing in general). But I'll hold of final judgement for tomorrow until all the details have been released. Otherwise, it still sounds interesting to be able to get a 10 driver IEM (no guarantee it sounds good, but they haven't screwed up the V6S or V8 from what I've reading and heard (only heard V6S) so I'm hopeful the A10/A12 will sound good as well) for $1000. At that price it's a very good deal.

I fear that this is what's going to happen with the ADEL tech and their flagship CIEMs. Sure, they may sound great for a 10/12 driver earphone, but if opening them up loses isolation, I'd rather have them closed. If so, the A10/12 are simply really expensive TOTL customs.

It's nice to have a choice to toggle the vent, as Iva mentioned. It's just not something I see myself doing.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here. I don't want to knock the product before getting any personal auditioning time.

I'm just hoping that the introduction of the ADEL tech is not simply a means to slap a grand price on your products. Keeping my fingers crossed here.

Nov 6, 2014 at 6:17 AM Post #5,737 of 7,417
I fear that this is what's going to happen with the ADEL tech and their flagship CIEMs. Sure, they may sound great for a 10/12 driver earphone, but if opening them up loses isolation, I'd rather have them closed. If so, the A10/12 are simply really expensive TOTL customs.

It's nice to have a choice to toggle the vent, as Iva mentioned. It's just not something I see myself doing.

But I'm getting ahead of myself here. I don't want to knock the product before getting any personal auditioning time.

I'm just hoping that the introduction of the ADEL tech is not simply a means to slap a grand price on your products. Keeping my fingers crossed here.

Would be the perfect CIEM for office, since it'll be the only customs you can wear while adjusting the ambience to know if anyone is calling out to you :)

Nov 6, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #5,738 of 7,417
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1043330169/realloud-technology-that-saves-your-hearing-and-yo
Just in case someone didn't get/sign up for the email.

Now the real question is A10 or A12...

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #5,739 of 7,417
Would be the perfect CIEM for office, since it'll be the only customs you can wear while adjusting the ambience to know if anyone is calling out to you :)

Lol. I'll probably wear the vent out by constantly adjusting it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1043330169/realloud-technology-that-saves-your-hearing-and-yo

Thanks for the link.

I see that a few brave souls have already jumped on the A12. I'm quite tempted to get one, but I'm not too willing to pay 1.2k for something that may not sound all that great to my ears. Did they ever mention if they will be providing distributors with demos?

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #5,741 of 7,417
Lol. I'll probably wear the vent out by constantly adjusting it.

I don't think it'll be that fragile based on their past products... but it does come with 2 years warranty.

Nov 6, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #5,742 of 7,417

@Ivabign: Cool! Thanks for the info.

I know if I just emailed them they'd give me a clear estimate, but I think I better not, as it will just send off a weeklong spiral of anxious waiting...

Looking forward to seeing those pics when your arrive tomorrow!

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #5,743 of 7,417

Wow, those really are great prices if you are in the market for a universal or a custom. I personally would be worried about the bennefit of the Adel tech vs the isolation ratio, but that seems to be the obvious trade off here. 

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #5,744 of 7,417
I was going to say that with that goal maybe they should consider sending out some demo units but I just saw that they got 50k in just the past couple of hours. And props to them for providing so many slots and providing big savings to as many people as possible coz most kickstarter projects usually opt for something like 10 early bird specials and the rest get around a $50 saving

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #5,745 of 7,417
I was going to say that with that goal maybe they should consider sending out some demo units but I just saw that they got 50k in just the past couple of hours. And props to them for providing so many slots and providing big savings to as many people as possible coz most kickstarter projects usually opt for something like 10 early bird specials and the rest get around a $50 saving

$5 bucks says all the $1000+ pledges are head fiers :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back