1964 Ears
Mar 16, 2014 at 4:18 AM Post #4,681 of 7,417
Do u think the sound quality will be bad if i get universal version of custom? And the isolation too. Like alot

While I don't have any customs to compare, my V6-S universals just came in and are pretty impressive. A very noticeabe improvement over the W4R, and even better than the SM64 in many ways. Plus I can share them with others!

The included tips were too small for a good seal so it took some fiddling to figure out of the tips I had that sealed well and were comfortable, which sounded the best.

Due to the triple bore design they are fairly wide in the nozzle and might not work for someone with narrow canals, though.

Mar 16, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #4,682 of 7,417
While I don't have any customs to compare, my V6-S universals just came in and are pretty impressive. A very noticeabe improvement over the W4R, and even better than the SM64 in many ways. Plus I can share them with others!

The included tips were too small for a good seal so it took some fiddling to figure out of the tips I had that sealed well and were comfortable, which sounded the best.

Due to the triple bore design they are fairly wide in the nozzle and might not work for someone with narrow canals, though.

Nice!  Any pics to share?

Mar 16, 2014 at 5:25 AM Post #4,683 of 7,417
  I received my V6-S yesterday, and have been listening to them nearly every minute since.  ( I can't add pictures for some reason, so here - http://i.imgur.com/x9AkFyd.jpg )

I love these IEMs.  Separation is fantastic, mids are forward, and the lows/sub are exactly what they should be.  I had a pair of Westone UM Pro 30s that I returned before ordering these, and I think the bass on the 30's was more pronounced, but bass seems (at least to me) to be more accurate on the V6-S.  I'm glad I went with this model; I love bass, but I don't like it to overpower what I am listening to, and I really enjoy the bass presentation on these.  For reference, I'm using a schiit magni/modi stack and FLAC rips, so far of Lateralus by Tool, the Bends by Radiohead and Discovery by Daft Punk.

These are my first pair of customs, and it did take a little getting used to shoving them in my ears.  The right feels like it might be a tad too deep, but I am going to give it a few days to see if it is just me getting used to customs, or if there is actually an issue, there.  1964 has been great to work with so far, so I'm not worried about getting any issues resolved if need be.

Next up I'm looking for a good portable dac/amp solution, thinking JDS C5D.

You need a minimum amount of posts before posting images, in the meantime here you go :-

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:33 PM Post #4,686 of 7,417
  Yeah I found out yesterday, quadruple lows…? more bass than the quads…? seems like toooo much but I guess thats what some people desire! I really like that level comparison chart they have now. 
I feel no regret at all with my V6S ears. 

It's a very peculiar sound signature, indeed, especially at the price point. Maybe it's going to be something like an Heir 8.a?

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #4,687 of 7,417
It's a very peculiar sound signature, indeed, especially at the price point. Maybe it's going to be something like an Heir 8.a?

If it's anything like the 8.A, I'm going to get one. I've been in the fence about getting a v6 stage, but the V8 sound signature should complement my Noble K10 quite nicely (whereas the V6 or V6 stage compare more to the K10).

I can't wait to hear impressions!

Mar 17, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #4,688 of 7,417
If it's anything like the 8.A, I'm going to get one. I've been in the fence about getting a v6 stage, but the V8 sound signature should complement my Noble K10 quite nicely (whereas the V6 or V6 stage compare more to the K10).

I can't wait to hear impressions!

I don't want to be the one that started the V8 = 8.a hype train, hahaha! I'm teasing, but from the graph of the V8 and that it uses 8 drivers just like the Noble 8 and the heir 8.a, I wouldn't doubt it.

I myself am watching Noble pretty closely as well; I'm not sure if I want something like the 8.a/v8 first which has an unabashedly colored signature or something like the v6s/K10 which is more neutral. Ahh, audiophile problems.

Lastly, this is quite a silent reveal for 1964 ears. The only place I've seen it mentioned was this thread!

Mar 17, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #4,689 of 7,417
I actually have the 8.A and the K10. The K10 is orgasmic. It's out of this world. But I've really been wanting to try something new from 1964ears. I keep coming back to them. I want to reward an American company, and I really like what I've been seeing. I am not looking for a neutral headphone. I want something fun. I think that the V8 will fit what I'm looking for, and at that price is going to be hard to resist them.

I do hope that they'll be different enough from the 8.A, but at 66⅝ of the price, I'm not going to be too bummed out if they're not. The sound signature looks to be exactly what I'm currently looking for.

Mar 18, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #4,693 of 7,417
Left my camera at work, so here's the best my phone can capture. Black face plates with silver logo, and red wine body & tip.

What?? Did they change the universal design again? Mine has much shorter canals than that!

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #4,694 of 7,417
Hi all!! I have a few questions about the v6/s universals, emailed 1964ears but I think they will not reply me or it may take several weeks for them to see my email and reply me, so I just post the questions here and hope someone can help me!
smily_headphones1.gif

1. What are the prices of the universal V6 and V6S? Are they the same of their basic prices of the custom versions?
2. Can customers customize the shell color and the faceplate color of the universals?
3. Is custom artwork available for universals?
4. Is recessed sockets available for universals?
5. How much will the international shipping cost? 

I know some of the answers can be found in the thread but these are the questions I emailed to 1964ears, I just copied and pasted it.
ph34r.gif

Mar 18, 2014 at 5:56 PM Post #4,695 of 7,417
Left my camera at work, so here's the best my phone can capture. Black face plates with silver logo, and red wine body & tip.

The (new?) shape of the shell looks quite similar to the old Westone W line; how is the comfort compared to W4r?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back