1964 Ears
Jun 1, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #2,447 of 7,417
I'm in the same country?
tongue.gif

Jun 1, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #2,449 of 7,417

Quote:
Got my triples today.  So far, treble is pretty strong.  To me, it has plenty of bass. I'll post pics later.

Looking forward to your impressions on them. The treble should be enough for most except possibly those that want something similar to the Etymotic treble.

Jun 2, 2011 at 5:48 AM Post #2,450 of 7,417

Quote:
Looking forward to your impressions on them. The treble should be enough for most except possibly those that want something similar to the Etymotic treble.

Anyone find the treble on the triples a tad bit shrill? Every frequency on the trips is alright but the trebles remind me of what I didn't quite like about the DBA's treble. Not so much that it was very prominent but more that it sounded unnaturally thin.

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:24 AM Post #2,451 of 7,417
I put my order in 6 business days ago and I got my shipping notice yesterday! It says I should receive them today by noon. I did pay for the rush order (worth it) because I'm so sick of my ears suffering. :D

Jun 2, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #2,452 of 7,417
I'm a HD650 guy and rolled off treble is something I desire.  With the 650, I noticed that sibilance is suppressed.  That's the kind of signature I'm looking for, and of course wide wide sound stage.  EX-1000 provided me with that, but it's not a custom.  I think the wide sound stage may have to do with the vent on the EX-1000, but not entirely sure.  Is it possible to achieve that with customs?

Quote:

Jun 2, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #2,453 of 7,417
I received my quads on Monday, and so far have been underwhelmed with the sound. The comfort level is good, having listened 1-2 hours at a time. But comparing to my old SE530's, these are replacing I'm very surprised to say they don't sound as good, except for the bass. The mids and treble are a let down. Listening to some tracks they sound veiled. Hopefully this will change in the near future.

Jun 2, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #2,454 of 7,417

Quote:
I received my quads on Monday, and so far have been underwhelmed with the sound. The comfort level is good, having listened 1-2 hours at a time. But comparing to my old SE530's, these are replacing I'm very surprised to say they don't sound as good, except for the bass. The mids and treble are a let down. Listening to some tracks they sound veiled. Hopefully this will change in the near future.

Make sure you have good seal and deep fit. I thought that at first too when I got mine, then I realized I didn't have them all the way inserted in like I thought. I pushed them in deeper (like they were suppose to go) and it was like night and day... If that doesn't work, then the sound sig just isn't for you.

Jun 2, 2011 at 4:09 PM Post #2,456 of 7,417
Totally understand. It took me about a week to start realizing that they actually are very good. I guess we do set our expectations very highly on 1964 EARS.
Try sticking with it for about a week, then turn back to the SE530 and see how it feels, I usually get that feeling of gratitude once I make a downgrade.

Quote:
Maybe went to far in my previous comment, they actually do sound very good, especially with some electronic tracks, guess my expectations were to high.

Jun 2, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #2,457 of 7,417

Quote:
I'm a HD650 guy and rolled off treble is something I desire.  With the 650, I noticed that sibilance is suppressed.  That's the kind of signature I'm looking for, and of course wide wide sound stage.  EX-1000 provided me with that, but it's not a custom.  I think the wide sound stage may have to do with the vent on the EX-1000, but not entirely sure.  Is it possible to achieve that with customs?

I find the quads to have a bass prominent (not heavy) signature with slightly rolled off treble, but still with all detail.  Sibilance is well controlled.  My opinion of course.  I have not listened to the HD650, I did own the HD580 for a while, but too long ago to compare reliably.

Jun 2, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #2,459 of 7,417

Quote:
Anyone find the treble on the triples a tad bit shrill? Every frequency on the trips is alright but the trebles remind me of what I didn't quite like about the DBA's treble. Not so much that it was very prominent but more that it sounded unnaturally thin.

I don't find the treble to have any of these issues for me. I actually really like the quality of the treble and not thin to me. Do you get that with all your gear? It could have something to do with synergy or it could be that we hear differently.

Quote:

I have heard the HD650 on a couple of occasions and the 1964-T and HD650 are very different in sound signature. I wouldn't call the treble on the 1964-T rolled off at all. It does smooth out on top but the detail is definitely there. The term crap in, crap out does apply at this level of technical ability and I personally would not like a phone that hides details. As for sound stage do you mean forward progression like with the IE8 where it sounds like you are in the middle of a concert hall compared to say an e-Q7 where you are in the first few rows? If so the 1964-T will never be that large and I don't know a custom that will give you that. If you mean such as left, right middle and in between those areas I find the 1964-T to be pretty good for an earphone.

I have never heard the EX-1000 and probably never will but my assumption is that the large sound stage is similar to why the IE8 was large. The IE8 is not a closed earphone and achieves the best sound where it is loosely in your ear compared to as deep a seal as possible like many earphones are. I don't have enough experience with customs but I have not heard or read about a custom that will give you the forward progression of the IE8.

Jun 2, 2011 at 7:32 PM Post #2,460 of 7,417
Is it just me or does anybody else think trips sound great out of a ipod classic 6th gen headphone out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back