19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Aug 28, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #451 of 687
Glad to see you're moving away from that Jewelry wire (I kid of course). Can't wait to get a cable made with some of the shipment and compare between the old and the new
Quote:

Yeah it's here. You guys are free to contact me for pics of completed stuff with the new wire. I'm not sure I can reply with a picture even though you guys are talking about it. I've accidently broken the rules a couple times this month already and I want to stay on Head-Fi's good side :)

But yes it's very much here and the pre-tubed wire means it's quicker to build cables than ever. (seriously like 60% faster now)

Aug 28, 2012 at 4:02 PM Post #452 of 687
Quote:

Yeah it's here. You guys are free to contact me for pics of completed stuff with the new wire. I'm not sure I can reply with a picture even though you guys are talking about it. I've accidently broken the rules a couple times this month already and I want to stay on Head-Fi's good side :)

But yes it's very much here and the pre-tubed wire means it's quicker to build cables than ever. (seriously like 60% faster now)

Cool. Sent you a PM so not to break forum rules.

Aug 28, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #453 of 687
Quote:
Glad to see you're moving away from that Jewelry wire (I kid of course). Can't wait to get a cable made with some of the shipment and compare between the old and the new

It was never jewelry wire, it was actually some random yarn I found in my attic..
Quote:

Cool. Sent you a PM so not to break forum rules.

Cool, cool, look forward to doing business wit cha

Aug 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #455 of 687
last solid silver was 26 AWG i believe. Pretty sure this new stuff is the same thickness
Quote:
What thickness is this new wire. I read the last solid silver was 28.

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #459 of 687
I'm looking for an alternative to CH cables as I liked how it sounded on my tf10 reshell but not the stiffness...

Is there any alternative to it? Closest sounding to CH cables but with flexibility and good built??

Aug 28, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #460 of 687
CH just got in new wire. More flexible and stranded. That may be an option. 
Quote:
I'm looking for an alternative to CH cables as I liked how it sounded on my tf10 reshell but not the stiffness...
Is there any alternative to it? Closest sounding to CH cables but with flexibility and good built??

Check my sig for al IEM cables and reviews. Should be quite helpful to you. 

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #462 of 687
Quote:

It's 26AWG stranded OCC silver plated copper and OCC copper that I have.

It all arrived on Monday. It's on our facebook page if you wanna have a look.

Sep 2, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #463 of 687
Sep 6, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #465 of 687
Help me here, what you guy call the stiffer end of the cable section where it meet the socket ?

I just bought the Fiio UETfi10 replacement cable and it's not stiff enough to bend around my ear, the cable is so flexible it doesn't shape. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back