19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Nov 11, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #648 of 687
Well I can tell you the TWau is not very good...
Oh I find the Twau quite good, just wondering if there is better. Your sentence is quite weird, since I already have the TWAu, so you "telling" me it is bad does while I obviously do not think so is not going to get us anywhere. We obviously have different tastes as you did not like the 901 as source for the Hidition and I consider it the perfect source for the NT6.

Nov 12, 2014 at 12:57 AM Post #649 of 687
  Viablue 3.5mm T6 Plug es no bueno
from what I've heard, people who have been listening with equipment that was terminated with a Viablue T6 then tried a different plug suddenly all SQ was improved from clarity to soundstage. I have not tried this but when more than one person says this, I don't even want to try this. 

just what I've heard
if you're a Viablue advocate
pls don't murder me :)

I do, however, love the way the Viablue T6 plug looks

I haven't noticed an issue with the Viablue plugs.

Hey Joe, so all in all what are the best matches for SE5 and NT6. I am using TWAu and Oslo II respectively.

My SE5 needs longer pins, so most aftermarket cables don't work well with it, but here are the ones that have fit.  My bias for the NT-6 can be found here, and in general I like the TWau, which was reviewed here.  The Oslo cable I had didn't really impress; what are your thoughts?

Nov 12, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #650 of 687
Oh I find the Twau quite good, just wondering if there is better. Your sentence is quite weird, since I already have the TWAu, so you "telling" me it is bad does while I obviously do not think so is not going to get us anywhere. We obviously have different tastes as you did not like the 901 as source for the Hidition and I consider it the perfect source for the NT6.

Well you did say you are looking for better hahaha, it's only my humble opinion that it's not that good of a cable (sq wise) for the price.
But you're right, we both have very different tastes. You prefer a warmer / smoother sound than me right?

Nov 12, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #651 of 687
  My SE5 needs longer pins, so most aftermarket cables don't work well with it, but here are the ones that have fit.  My bias for the NT-6 can be found here, and in general I like the TWau, which was reviewed here.  The Oslo cable I had didn't really impress; what are your thoughts?

My opinion is that I do not really hear differences in cables, but I keep trying! To me source makes a world of a lot more difference. My SE5 and NT6 sound at least as good as with stock with the Oslo II, and I feel the build of Beat Audio cables is among the best. However, the Oslo II, like the Cronus, are a bit too stiff.

Have you tried their new TOTL, the Prima Donna?

Well you did say you are looking for better hahaha, it's only my humble opinion that it's not that good of a cable (sq wise) for the price.
But you're right, we both have very different tastes. You prefer a warmer / smoother sound than me right?

No pb mate. I guess I do not really believe in cables, so I like them pretty and ergonomic :D But I do prefer slightly warm than bright. However the NT6 (at least mine) is really bright but liquid and musical so I love it.

Nov 23, 2014 at 6:59 PM Post #653 of 687
Hello guys, anyone heard of / the new Alo flagship cables?
http://www.aloaudio.com/quad-ribbon

Tried them at canjam. They were elegant and ergonomic and sounded nice but on unfamiliar rigs so I cannot describe the SQ. Unfortunately, they didn't have any 2 pin jh style ciem cables to try with my nt6pros.

Jul 17, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #658 of 687
Thanks for the amazingly detailed review!! Exactly what i was after as i'm looking into cable upgrades for both TF10 and JH13. For my own purposes I will have to assume a rough correlation between sq improvements for the jh16 and jh13.

I know ranking can be subjective depending on each individuals hearing, sound preferences and source equipment but on reading the reviews am i right in inferring the best upgrade cables for the TF10 and JH16 to be:

TF10 - 
Chris_Himself's cable
Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1
Null Audio Arete

JH16 -
Whiplash Audio TWag v3
Whiplash Audio TWag Hybrid v3
Moon Audio Silver Dragon V1/Chris_Himself's cable

Is this about right?

I have used two versions of the Lune MkIII silver cable on my TF10s (with custom molded ear sleeves) and found the step up in quality to be immense across the board but due to both dying with weeks of purchase i'm keen to try something different. For info i play apple lossless files from an ipod classic 6th gen through a pico slim amp (connected via a Whiplash TWag LOD) and listen almost exclusively to a wide range of metal.

Also, has anyone heard the new Null Audio Vitesse Cryo 7N CGOCC-A Pure Silver Earphone Cable? I can't seem to find any reviews anywhere.

One final question. I want to recable my Ultrasone Edition 8s and was mainly looking at choosing between the Moon Audio Silver/Black/Blue Dragon V3 (V2 only for Black i think) cables and the Whiplash Audio TWag V2/3/Hybrid V3 (although the recabling service suggests only the V2 is available for the Ed.8s). Does anyone here have experience of any of these cables with the Ed.8s? (or even better two or more of them?)

Thanks in advance!
Stuart

Jul 18, 2015 at 11:19 AM Post #659 of 687
Hey!

I can recable almost any headphone with any wire. My site needs major updating. In fact we are building a new site...
Sorry for the lack of information. PM me if you have any questions!!

Craig

PS - I like TWau

Users who are viewing this thread

Back