19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Sep 6, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #616 of 687

I have a cable from HPL/Chris_Himself silver plated copper that has gone green on the right earpiece connector. Although it has gone green, it hasn't affected audio quality (as far as i can tell). I'm just hoping it spreads evenly, and not just one side, so I don't look like a monster with one side green, one side clean.

Your reply is appreciated.
I was just HOPING that due to amount that whiplash asks for their 8-wire v3 hybrids, that they would have at least fixed the discoloration of their wires.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #617 of 687
  Sorry for reviving an old thread. 
I was just wondering if any of you have ever owned a 'twag/cu v3 hybrid' that has gone "green"?
I'll be receiving one soon and was (still is) hoping it to use it for a couple of years.

My Hybrid cable hasn't gone green.  I do have an old TWag V2 that has a small black area, but you really can't see it unless you really look.

Sep 6, 2013 at 12:00 PM Post #619 of 687

Your reply is appreciated.
I was just HOPING that due to amount that whiplash asks for their 8-wire v3 hybrids, that they would have at least fixed the discoloration of their wires.

its not something thats fixable or any cable makers fault as copper/spc can eventually turn green thru oxidation and silver can turn black. some cables oxidize faster than others its just the way of oxidation.  oxidation starts even before insulation is being applied at manufacturer, so basically as soon as oxygen makes contact with any wire/metal the oxidation process has started.

Nov 27, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #621 of 687
review this cable Swan Audio SA-05 , it sounds pretty good and i bought it for $199SGD which is about 159 usd 

Dec 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #622 of 687
Any plans to review the Toxic Cables lines, joe?

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #623 of 687
  review this cable Swan Audio SA-05 , it sounds pretty good and i bought it for $199SGD which is about 159 usd 

Thanks for the request.  When I get more time (see below).

Any plans to review the Toxic Cables lines, joe?

Thanks for asking.  Yes, I really do need to review the Toxic cables.  I just finished a cable review and have 2 more, but am trying to finish several other reviews before I take on any new product.  I have been extremely busy lately.

Jan 19, 2014 at 9:19 AM Post #624 of 687
Just a quick question... will the TF10 cables fit into earphones with the Westone-style pins? I have a pair of Aurisonics with the Westone pins and I was wondering if the TF10's cable fits, since I want to buy a TF10 cable with the microphone for them. Thanks

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #625 of 687
No it will be loose, it will fit, but you won't keep a good connection.

Quote:
  Just a quick question... will the TF10 cables fit into earphones with the Westone-style pins? I have a pair of Aurisonics with the Westone pins and I was wondering if the TF10's cable fits, since I want to buy a TF10 cable with the microphone for them. Thanks

Jan 19, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #626 of 687
are you going to test the fiio rc cables?
they are only 30 bucks and look great.
you have to try them for that price :p

Mar 7, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #627 of 687
Does anyone know if the Effect Audio Odin uses a solid-core conductor?  That was my initial impression (that's why I bought it for my Tralucent 1+2), but now I'm not sure...

Thank you,
David.

Mar 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #628 of 687

KimChee is correct, but you can flatten the pins and it will work.  To do so, get some pliers and gently apply pressure on the pins and insert.  Repeat until they stay securely.  I have applied too much pressure and ruined the pins, so it is best to be careful and go slow.

are you going to test the fiio rc cables?
they are only 30 bucks and look great.
you have to try them for that price :p

Oh, if I had the time :wink:  I still have 3 cables I need to review now.

Does anyone know if the Effect Audio Odin uses a solid-core conductor?  That was my initial impression (that's why I bought it for my Tralucent 1+2), but now I'm not sure...

Thank you,
David.

Hi David, sorry for the delayed response.  From the review in the first post: "The cable uses 24 AWG Silver plated .9999999 OCC with FEP Mono-Filament and Spaced FEP Insulation single core wire."

So, yes.

Mar 14, 2014 at 9:13 PM Post #629 of 687

KimChee is correct, but you can flatten the pins and it will work.  To do so, get some pliers and gently apply pressure on the pins and insert.  Repeat until they stay securely.  I have applied too much pressure and ruined the pins, so it is best to be careful and go slow.

Oh, if I had the time :wink:  I still have 3 cables I need to review now.

Hi David, sorry for the delayed response.  From the review in the first post: "The cable uses 24 AWG Silver plated .9999999 OCC with FEP Mono-Filament and Spaced FEP Insulation single core wire."

So, yes.

Thank you very much for the clarification!

I'm loving the Odin on my Tralucent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back