19 custom IEM/TF10/Shure/IE8 cables reviewed (Effect Pearl, Apollo, & Odin added 3/20/13)
Apr 16, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #631 of 687
I have a question regarding the wires in braid... Is there audible difference between 6 wire braids and 8 wire braids? Is it worth it to get a higher braid count?

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:01 AM Post #632 of 687
  I have a question regarding the wires in braid... Is there audible difference between 6 wire braids and 8 wire braids? Is it worth it to get a higher braid count?

Superficial in my opinion. A typical 26awg conductor has plenty of room in it for the signal it's transmitting per channel, per polarity. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 10:07 AM Post #633 of 687
Thanks Chris!

May 30, 2014 at 3:38 PM Post #634 of 687
Hi guys! I recently got myself a CIEM from a new local company. Was wondering what's the difference between the various connectors (MMCX, 2 Pin, Reversed 2 Pin) and which one would be better.

Currently only the MMCX connector is offered. For the other 2 connectors, there's an extra lead time of a few weeks.

I noticed that most other CIEMs use the 2 pin connectors. So I was thinking that the 2 pin connector would be better since if I upgrade my cable, I'd be able to re-use the cable for future CIEMs.

Please advice a lost soul here.
confused.gif

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #637 of 687
  Does anyone have leanings towards either the 2 pin or single swivel type pin connector for IEMs / pros and cons etc?

thanks

The swivel type is better IMO because it's more ergonomic and it also can help to prevent the cables from getting damaged too quickly. I quite like the EPIC cable that came with my new Westone ES60s. It doesn't get in the way during insertion and removal of the IEM, nor while listening to the music. Also, putting everything safely back in the box is really very easy with this cable, mainly due to the swivel.

Jul 21, 2014 at 6:58 AM Post #638 of 687
The main reason I posted my initial inquiry was that the twin connector cables are deemed to be industry standard while I myself prefer the single spigot / swivel varient. Hmm, I wonder if I can specify cable type with my impending CIEMs!!! Perhaps I'll have to wrangle that into the deal.

Jul 21, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #639 of 687
  The main reason I posted my initial inquiry was that the twin connector cables are deemed to be industry standard while I myself prefer the single spigot / swivel varient. Hmm, I wonder if I can specify cable type with my impending CIEMs!!! Perhaps I'll have to wrangle that into the deal.

You can ask manufacturers if they can make a CIEM with the MMCX connector (the round swivel one), but if the manufacturer has never done it, they may say it isn't available.

Jul 24, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #640 of 687
I'm considering replacing the cable for my JVC FX850.  I love it, but I want a little bit more out of it.  Sadly the ones that I'm considering (the ones made by whiplash) cost more than what I paid for the IEM itself.  Or I could just do what I always wanted to do and buy a custom IEM like the Noble K10.

Sep 25, 2014 at 8:02 AM Post #642 of 687
Nov 8, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #644 of 687
3) Beat Audio Cronus - $289.00

[size=11.0pt]9) Null Audio Arete $82 USD[/size]

Viablue 3.5mm T6 Plug es no bueno
from what I've heard, people who have been listening with equipment that was terminated with a Viablue T6 then tried a different plug suddenly all SQ was improved from clarity to soundstage. I have not tried this but when more than one person says this, I don't even want to try this. 

just what I've heard
if you're a Viablue advocate
pls don't murder me :)

I do, however, love the way the Viablue T6 plug looks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back