$1000 dollar budget
Oct 24, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #61 of 63
THread change! I have a strict budget of 1000 dollars to buy the absolute, set for a log time combo of a amp/dac and a headphone. I listen to all genres but a little less of classical and more of alternative. The headphones could be open or closed(leaning towards open)

Oct 25, 2011 at 1:43 AM Post #63 of 63

Quote:
THread change! I have a strict budget of 1000 dollars to buy the absolute, set for a log time combo of a amp/dac and a headphone. I listen to all genres but a little less of classical and more of alternative. The headphones could be open or closed(leaning towards open)

I know you mentioned that auditioning is difficult, but considering the recent change to the tune
of $1000 ~ is there anyway you can jump on a train or bus and just get to an audio store anywhere?

I picked up my new Rega DAC today and it took 5 hours there and back to get it. I had no problem
with it, you don't chance it with a $900AUD DAC and you should rely on your own ears than persisting
with a continual gamble of 1,001 different opinions on here.

You're talking big money. I would exhaust all avenues of testing at least *any of those headphones*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back