$1000 dollar budget
Oct 22, 2011 at 9:10 AM Post #31 of 63
so what do you think i should get. D5000, D7000, HD650, or the Darth Beyers. I have the fiio e7 if you didnt know. I love my phiatons ps500 and V moda crossfade LP in my collection.

Oct 22, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #32 of 63
Get D7000, those headphones are very liquid in the for sale forum. If you don't like, sell them and buy another. Darth Beyers might be hard to resell since it's such a niche product.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #35 of 63

Quote:
ill take any open headphones under 800 dollars or closed that is good for all genres except classic. Something similar to my phiaton ps500 but MUCH BETTER!

Any open headphone over $500 is going to reproduce classical fairly nicely!

I cannot think of one model from any maker that would perform less than brilliantly.

I think you're after a closed can from your comments.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #36 of 63
I've had the HD650 before, and it is sort of what sound you are looking for, but it requires an amp. The Darth Beyers or D5000/D7000 are probably what you'll be looking for. I've always been interested in trying a set of Darth Beyers, but I always miss them when they are on the "for sale" forum. I like the DT990 for an open version of D7000. Just more thoughts for ya!

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #38 of 63

Quote:
hmmm, i have the fiio e7 for a amp and also have this sony dav s500 amp thing. if the senn can run in those will it be my best choice. how are the ath w1000x also?

AT W1000X ~ Not for you, it is a symphony closed can that excels with violin and piano works especially.
It is very, very bass light even when amped with a reference full sized amplifier. I love this can because
of it's speed and signature but only a few people would like this for electronic because it is so bass
deficient.

E7 is not going to drive a pair of HD650's very well.

Here's your dilemma ~ E7 is not going to drive most if any $500+ upper range cans with aplomb.

That's not why Fiio made the E7. The E7 is designed to complement less demanding $100-$300 cans.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #39 of 63
that info was great, THANKS 
biggrin.gif
 now my choices are cut to the d5000, the d7000, the ah a100 and the darth beyers. im guessing all of them can run on the amp because they are fairly easy to drive? i listen to all genres (except classic), but slightly prefer pop and alternative. which of these will best suit my needs.

also i MAY bring them out of the house time to time

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:51 PM Post #40 of 63
Quote:
AT W1000X ~ Not for you, it is a symphony closed can that excels with violin and piano works especially.
It is very, very bass light even when amped with a reference full sized amplifier. I love this can because
of it's speed and signature but only a few people would like this for electronic because it is so bass
deficient.

Exactly the opposite. It's actually one of the more bassier cans of AT. It's very slow and overly romantic. It's a great all arounder picked one up for my HTPC rig.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #41 of 63

Quote:
that info was great, THANKS 
biggrin.gif
 now my choices are cut to the d5000, the d7000, the ah a100 and the darth beyers. im guessing all of them can run on the amp because they are fairly easy to drive? i listen to all genres (except classic), but slightly prefer pop and alternative. which of these will best suit my needs.

also i MAY bring them out of the house time to time

D5000, D7000 and AT-A1000 will be your best choices since they will run out of the E7 ok.

Darth Beyers may prove to be too taxing for a such small amp like the E7.

As for taking them outside, up to you, I take my 325i's outside sometimes but others on
here would call me a mad man! Since they're so unwieldy and heavy.

A1000 should be comfortable and light but I don't see any problems with the Denons
outside either, just make sure you treat them carefully as they can be fragile if treated
roughly.

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:02 PM Post #42 of 63
which three of the denons would be the best all arounder (bass, soundstage etc). sorry for all these questions. i dont have any place to try ANY headphone around here. 

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:10 PM Post #43 of 63

Quote:
which three of the denons would be the best all arounder (bass, soundstage etc). sorry for all these questions. i dont have any place to try ANY headphone around here. 

Not the best person to answer that question sorry, only familiar with the D2000 and D5000 but the D7000 from what
I hear and see is just a refined version of those two previous models. The basic sound signature is still there.

I found the D5000 to be a nicer all round proposition to the D2000, but if I was just wanting the best value for
money spent and build materials & quality were not the most important thing. Sound being the most important.

Then the D2000 is the winner, the others are nicer.

Nicer treble, better build quality and a bit more detail for the D5000 over the D2000.
But look at the price difference.

If you love the Denon sound though, hard for you to tell without an audition then it might be worth it for your ears.

Oct 24, 2011 at 3:21 AM Post #45 of 63
X2 for the Denon D5000/7000 recommendation.  Great cans.  They have some incredible bass for Electronic but somehow manage to do metal, rock, and acoustic just as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back