Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice
Jul 24, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #2,836 of 4,838
I was in a similar boat as yourself. I have a V281 for SS listening and I had the WA6. The WA6 was a lot of fun but when you go back and forth to a highly resolving SS amp you may not be overly pleased. The WA6 is a lot of fun but you're not going to get the resolution that comes from a SS amp like the V281. I liked Woo Audio enough to buy a WA5-LE.. It's now my primary driver for my headphones. I would really try an audition to make sure you're onboard with either. Failing that, a used purchase will allow you to move on if they don't work for you, with little risk. There's a strong resale market for those tube amps.

Thanks for the insights!

Aug 9, 2017 at 11:02 PM Post #2,837 of 4,838
Question regarding startup hum. My WA6 always has startup hum louder at left channel no matter how I swap/change tubes. It is not related to headphones as I have changed those as well. All hum does go away after 10 secs or so.

WA6 does sound normal to me.

Anyone here notices the same?

Aug 10, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #2,839 of 4,838
Hello all WA6SE owners. I am wanting to be part of this community by buying the WA6se for my Hd-800 along with Sophia Princess tubes. Appreciate if any of you who have the HD 800 provide me your inputs of the impressions and how it sounds before I make this huge $1000 plunge. Thanks:)

Aug 10, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #2,840 of 4,838
Question regarding startup hum. My WA6 always has startup hum louder at left channel no matter how I swap/change tubes. It is not related to headphones as I have changed those as well. All hum does go away after 10 secs or so.

WA6 does sound normal to me.

Anyone here notices the same?

Mine has always had a startup hum for a few seconds, silent after that, regardless of tubes rolled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back