Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread
Sep 6, 2012 at 6:04 AM Post #76 of 6,459
Quote:
Actually, I have a problem, how do I differentiate between the left and right?  I do believe I can differentiate the Skuld with the splitter facing forward and I'd get the L/R, how do I set them apart if there's no splitter?  Especially on my Norn2?

use PC as a source and use the "balance L/R" option for the output? Or a dual mono config amp like the 339?
On mine the brown plug is Right :wink:

Sep 6, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #77 of 6,459
Quote:

Nice shots!  Thanks for sharing them. 
Quote:

Haha awesome, love space <3. I did notice your likes on the Norse Audio page on Facebook for JPL and MSL. :p  I'm currently a Guidance, Navigation, & Control intern working on the Lunar Atmosphere and Dust Environment Explorer (LADEE). I pretty much perform/support tests done on the full scale model of the LADEE spacecraft, with actual flight hardware and software. It's pretty cool because we get to do things with the model that can't be performed on the actual spacecraft until it's in space. I live at the lodge on base (basically a NASA motel) so I don't have to make the drive back and forth everyday from San Francisco. I'm going to miss working here though, this is my last week then back to school.

Thanks for the concern! It's actually being shipped to my parent's house so it'll be ok. Sorry for the slight derailment of the thread.

I seriously envy you right now!  Very cool V3ng.  Pretty amazing feat recently with JPL/MSL and Curiosity, now hopefully we will see man on mars in our lifetime!
Great to hear the package will be safe and sound. 
Quote:
Actually, I have a problem, how do I differentiate between the left and right?  I do believe I can differentiate the Skuld with the splitter facing forward and I'd get the L/R, how do I set them apart if there's no splitter?  Especially on my Norn2?

Grev, apologies a printout or note should have been included, but was not.  The right channel on all of our cables now are the "series logo", i.e, Skuld or Norn, etc.  The left channel is always the "Norse" logo, if it is indeed on the other channel.  Some cables have blank for left and the series logo for right.  Another way to tell as you mentioned is by having the engraving on the splitter facing forward, but the best way is the first one as not all cables have splitters or engraved splitters.  Sorry about the lack of notification on this, and hopefully it helps others as well.   

Sep 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #79 of 6,459
Wow very nice! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back