Grado Fan Club!
Jun 18, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #35,791 of 65,643
Does anyone of you believe that going balanced for Grados is the way to go? I really wonder if that will make my RS2e sing!
I believe @joseph69 has a balanced Grado, if memory serves. Or someone of his ilk. Maybe he can weigh in.
After balancing my PS1K/GH-1 w/G and my RS1i I found the biggest impact to be the stereo imaging…other of course have different opinions.

Jun 18, 2017 at 12:17 PM Post #35,792 of 65,643
Balanced connection also allows double the voltage to be applied to the transducer, allowing faster transient and larger voltage swing.
With lower output per channel also should allows the amplifier to operate in a more linear region, thereby minimizing output distortions.
How about the difficulty of making sure that both sides of the balanced amp are simetric? I'm not against the idea, just curious. It must be a lot harder to ensure quality of a balanced system.

Jun 18, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #35,794 of 65,643
How about the difficulty of making sure that both sides of the balanced amp are simetric? I'm not against the idea, just curious. It must be a lot harder to ensure quality of a balanced system.

In theory, a balanced system will give you a lower noise floor and more power.

Jun 18, 2017 at 11:54 PM Post #35,796 of 65,643
@ruhenheiM
I don't know if your were into G&R back in the '90's, but "Obsessive Confession" by Slash in also on Gypsy Soul New Flamenco.
whaaattt.i just googled it and i assume this is the one you talking about

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:32 AM Post #35,798 of 65,643
Based on joseph69's recommendation, I bought Gypsy Soul also. It is so fantastic on my Grados that during some percussion intervals, I take the headphones off because I think that there is a banging noise in the room...so Real!

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #35,799 of 65,643
Based on joseph69's recommendation, I bought Gypsy Soul also. It is so fantastic on my Grados that during some percussion intervals, I take the headphones off because I think that there is a banging noise in the room...so Real!
Great to hear you purchased the Cd! I actually thought some tracks were binaural recordings they sounded so far outside the head!

Jun 19, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #35,801 of 65,643
damn that's cd seems like a must buy :D

i would like to know if Grado newer larger air chamber is actually better?!
did anyone compare them?

Alessandro returned the music series one original in their shop, very tempted to buy it
not really side by side comparison so do not take this in serious manner, the larger air chamber compare to the original in entry level prestige series, i think the new one sounds more airy and less compressed/pressurize bass from the original, that's what i found very noticeable directly from dap when i heard sr60e but i think they are also tuning it little bit different, i also not really sure if it's significantly better or might even if it's an improvement. besides after spending some times with modding in the original, i actually prefer the look of the original, it's look very classic

and it doesn't matter though larger chamber or not, i almost certain the drivers tuned little bit different. and at some point you're going to mod the headphone anyway. if you like the looks of the original, you should go for it.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #35,802 of 65,643

not really side by side comparison so do not take this in serious manner, the larger air chamber compare to the original in entry level prestige series, i think the new one sounds more airy and less compressed/pressurize bass from the original, that's what i found very noticeable directly from dap when i heard sr60e but i think they are also tuning it little bit different, i also not really sure if it's significantly better or might even if it's an improvement. besides after spending some times with modding in the original, i actually prefer the look of the original, it's look very classic

and it doesn't matter though larger chamber or not, i almost certain the drivers tuned little bit different. and at some point you're going to mod the headphone anyway. if you like the looks of the original, you should go for it.

Yes they are tuned slightly differently, the SR60e comes with 2 holes on the back of the driver open, unlike the original which had them all covered. This leads to a smoother and warmer sound vs the original that was very aggressive to listen to.

Jun 19, 2017 at 7:15 AM Post #35,803 of 65,643
i would like to know if Grado newer larger air chamber is actually better?!
did anyone compare them?

Alessandro returned the music series one original in their shop, very tempted to buy it

I don't think the larger air chamber makes a significant contribution to the differences in the "i" and "e" series, as Oscar-Hi noted the newer "e" series does have 2 vent holes opened from the factory compared to the "i" but even after opening 2 vent holes on my SR80i and SR225i they don't sound like the stock SR80e and SR225e so I suspect that there are other changes to the driver in addition to the vent holes with the size of the cups being one of them.

Jun 20, 2017 at 2:11 AM Post #35,804 of 65,643

i really like the original looks, and that's actually the reason im considering the original cups.

also i think 99$ is a good price for slightly tuned 125e grado

Users who are viewing this thread

Back