Zorloo Ztella USB C DAC impressions thread
Dec 17, 2019 at 7:19 AM Post #62 of 393
thank you very much for your helps. I tried the configs as yours, but it still not resolve. so it might not related to the problem. anyway thanks again .
If I'm honest with you, and sure why wouldn't I be, those are my configs for my s9. I've used a few different DACs on it and so they're kinda random. However I also use a Note 10+ and its totally stock... And no issues.

So it could be a configuration issue, but I'm tempted to say it's not.

But it easily could be as well.

Go onto the US APP thread on here and ask about the issue. The developer is on there daily, or near enough, and I can tell you from experience that he's super responsive.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #63 of 393
Never had that issue on iMac, MBP, Samsung S9 or Note 10+.

Just so everyone knows.

And MQA is not just a codec but a process. It's done by artists and producers in the studio as part of post-production.

More info here

https://darko.audio/2016/06/an-inconvenient-truth-mqa-sounds-better/

Thanks for the link, I was planning to read up on it (EDIT: Just read the article, it is a great read, it really explains all the MQA elements very well). I just had the problem with the clicks again. It seems to start when playing non-MQA tracks after playing MQA tracks. Might be a hardware or a software bug, need to do some more testing to make sure there's a reproducible procedure. EDIT2: This seems to be happening consistently.

Experienced the same with UAPP after updating to the new firmware ( I have the Meizu as well and would agree the clicks and pops mesound similar) With the Ztella, I changed the buffer size from 400 milliseconds to 600 and so far so good.

I will try that as well, I was experimenting with some of the tweak settings to see if that would fix anything, but after restarting UAPP it seems to be working fine with 44.1Khz again.

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #64 of 393
Really glad i got one, wish i got a second, great sound on a sammy S8 UAPP.
No issues and checked out the UAAP guide.
Firmware no issues fairly easy. Swaped this onto my PC into a Magni3 again sounds really good and it shouldnt..

Got 2 grads to go halfs on Flares titanium mid range IEMS getting them into decent audio.. loose the phone free iems or cheap BT rubbish..
2 for 1 BF deal.... then this came in the post.

My set up is £4k+ and less than a £80 for a iem amp dac its a big step near what i have for practically nothing.
One has ordered on first listen with Zorloo Z.
Just convince them to get uapp/ VOX for the full package..

Good iem and this...wish this was around 5 years ago

There is a 30% of code i found in the envelope, Anyone tried it didnt seem to action, if it does work ill get the MQA for my PC.

I hope this helps and happy xmass all.

Dave

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #65 of 393
I have some trouble on my Xiaomi Mi9T Pro. It works fine using spotify, but it stops detecting the headphone when I browse using the Reddit app or when I use VLC to watch a video. It also sometimes just drops randomly with browsing, but that is less common. What can this be?

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #66 of 393
I have the MQA version and am using it on a Samsung S7 with USB Audio Player Pro. Was getting the clicks too but they stop when I put the phone in airplane mode as noted in the Player Pro's documentation.

Dec 20, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #69 of 393
I've had mine for about 6 days now. Everything works great with my Samsung Galaxy S8+ after latest firmware update.

This and Fiio A5 amp will be my mobile setup.

Didn't have Usb audio player pro before. It's user interface is better than on Tidal's own app much to my surprise.

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #70 of 393
Having issues with mine. It's the non-MQA version. It takes a few inserts to get it to be recognized as a DAC/headphone amp, all the other times, it's recognized as a USB device and phone reports charging it. Using a Google Pixel 2.

Also, when connected with the LED facing upwards, same direction as the screen, I keep hearing popping and clicking noises.

Dec 21, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #71 of 393
Just a basic thought.

The connectors on a phone are probably the dirtiest in the audio. Stuck in your pocket and god knows what from off your hands..... Audio belly button fluff...same in the headphone jack.

You wouldnt put a fancy USB cable down the side of the couch when not in use..

Joking aside, i have fixed others charging issues by blowing out the C port picking out bits. Now its a dsd data transfer point that gets a lot of daily abuse..

Issues here are probably Firmware and compatibility with hardware software.

For the c connector i have used everything from blowing with a plastic straw , compressed air can, rolled up tin foil, thin plastic... thin needle... just to get in as a its tiny double sided connector..
Just check it as a first step, it never hurts...

Dec 25, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #73 of 393
Experienced the same with UAPP after updating to the new firmware ( I have the Meizu as well and would agree the clicks and pops mesound similar) With the Ztella, I changed the buffer size from 400 milliseconds to 600 and so far so good.
Did you change the buffer size settings under the "USB audio tweaks" or "Internal HiRes audio" option?

Dec 29, 2019 at 6:54 AM Post #75 of 393
I feel such a fool. I was advised of this product on Kickstarter by a very good friend, on reading up I pledged immediately for the MQA version and waited.
Checking the Kickstarter website it confirmed deliveries around 11th December and now its 28th with no Ztella having been delivered.

Unfortunately having turned off notification on my secondary email accounts, yes you guessed it, I missed the email requesting confirmation of delivery address (DOH!)

Ok address confirmed now awaiting delivery.

This was meant to be my Christmas treat to myself

:disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

EDIT: Once pledged it didn't even cross my mind to check for a Head-Fi thread, this I have only done this morning

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back