ZO2 Impression Thread
Dec 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #931 of 1,126
I got my shipping email today.  If I remember correctly from the RMA I was 19 on the list.

Btw with Headfonia's review, I get a good fuzzy feel about it but at the same time I feel its incomplete and missing or avoiding some points.  

Dec 21, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #932 of 1,126

Quote:
When did you put your order in?

The 6th of December if I remember correctly.

Very interested in that Headfonia review, because from what I can gather the author is more of a "purist" generally?

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #934 of 1,126
Hey, sorry to not do my part beforehand, but what is the current state of the ZO version?

Last I read, it was the hi-lo gain adjustment ZO2v3 model. I am wondering because since my college finals finished last week, I have been out of town visiting family with the intention of shipping my ZO2v1 (pre-order model) out when I had time. Well I have time now, but I am curious if there has been any forward progress by Digizoid on a new version and/or if there have been any impressions reported on the most current version. Thanks!

Dec 21, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #935 of 1,126

Quote:
Hey, sorry to not do my part beforehand, but what is the current state of the ZO version?

Last I read, it was the hi-lo gain adjustment ZO2v3 model. I am wondering because since my college finals finished last week, I have been out of town visiting family with the intention of shipping my ZO2v1 (pre-order model) out when I had time. Well I have time now, but I am curious if there has been any forward progress by Digizoid on a new version and/or if there have been any impressions reported on the most current version. Thanks!

So far the latest Version is ZO2 Rev. 3 and this model contains a gain switch so we can utilize both IEMs and full size cans. Hiss has been dramatically reduced and volume levels are more controllable. There are a couple good reviews on the newest revision but many of us don't have our ZO2s back yet so you'll have to wait for more confirmation.

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #937 of 1,126

Quote:
So far the latest Version is ZO2 Rev. 3 and this model contains a gain switch so we can utilize both IEMs and full size cans. Hiss has been dramatically reduced and volume levels are more controllable. There are a couple good reviews on the newest revision but many of us don't have our ZO2s back yet so you'll have to wait for more confirmation.

I received the ZO2 Rev.3 couple of days ago and it works as advertised.

Dec 22, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #939 of 1,126
M-Audio Q40 + ZO2v1 = what a bass impact lol, about lvl 3-4 or so is fine for my taste compared to lvl6 with HTF600 or lvl1-2 with XB500. Feels like the cups are like jumping outwards almost from the bass impact but this headphone still manages to stay textured in the bass, it's not a one note bass note, very nice.

Dec 22, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #940 of 1,126

Quote:
M-Audio Q40 + ZO2v1 = what a bass impact lol, about lvl 3-4 or so is fine for my taste compared to lvl6 with HTF600 or lvl1-2 with XB500. Feels like the cups are like jumping outwards almost from the bass impact but this headphone still manages to stay textured in the bass, it's not a one note bass note, very nice.

Hey wizard! Is the Q40 a closed one??? The pictures show some mesh in the headphone cup, but the advertisement says it is closed... What about the sound? Any flaws on frequency range? I'm curious, because I'm pretending to buy my first full size closed headphone... :)

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:00 AM Post #941 of 1,126

Quote:

Hey wizard! Is the Q40 a closed one??? The pictures show some mesh in the headphone cup, but the advertisement says it is closed... What about the sound? Any flaws on frequency range? I'm curious, because I'm pretending to buy my first full size closed headphone... :)

It's fully closed with about average/slightly below avg isolation and no noteworthy leakage to speak of while worn but the pads aren't the best possible so I stuffed some paper beneath the pads (a half piece of paper towel in each side rolled into like 1 cm wide roll) which made the fit better. I find it very good sounding for the price, big bass with very even mids and highs except for a peak around 8kHz I tamed down on the EQ slightly, well my EQ settings are like follows:

You can read more about it here http://www.head-fi.org/t/586251/picked-up-m-audio-q40-impressions

Dec 22, 2011 at 8:19 AM Post #943 of 1,126

Quote:
It's fully closed with about average/slightly below avg isolation and no noteworthy leakage to speak of while worn but the pads aren't the best possible so I stuffed some paper beneath the pads (a half piece of paper towel in each side rolled into like 1 cm wide roll) which made the fit better. I find it very good sounding for the price, big bass with very even mids and highs except for a peak around 8kHz I tamed down on the EQ slightly, well my EQ settings are like follows:

You can read more about it here http://www.head-fi.org/t/586251/picked-up-m-audio-q40-impressions

looks like i'm haunted by this frequency band... lol Thanks for the infos, I'm going to check the list!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back