ZO2 Impression Thread
Dec 24, 2011 at 5:46 PM Post #962 of 1,126

Quote:
I think they'll probably do QC tests that first week in January and make sure everything's legit, then send 'em next week.  Pure speculation by me, but makes sense

Yeah.....obviously they are still working today and watching this thread. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Took me literally......and I received the above email about the backlog a bit ago.  No worries, I'm not in a hurry....just trying to be funny.....

beerchug.gif

Dec 25, 2011 at 6:15 AM Post #964 of 1,126
I got my confirmation. Looking forward to testing this bad boy out...

Code:
[size=9pt] Hello Jimmy, Your ZO2 version 3, with high gain mode, was shipped by United States Postal Service (Air Mail) on Dec. 23rd., with a scheduled delivery of 8 to 10 business days. A revised Smart Start Guide is accompanying your ZO. Please take a few moments to review it, as changes to the functionally have been made. Best regards and happy holidays, Cindy, digiZoid customer service[/size]

Dec 26, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #966 of 1,126
(rockboxed) Clip+ > Zo2 > Ety MC5

I've been using that as portable for over 2 weeks now. I always liked the etys for their midrange and clear sound, but always though they sounded "thin". but not anymore, and the hiss is almost unnoticeable. I'm using the yelow to orange contour level and it is just perfect. bass impact is unexpected for a single BA IEMs with a small tube body.

BTW, I read like 1 month ago that we were (finally) getting real technicall specs for the Zo2, but I cant find them anywhere.

Dec 27, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #967 of 1,126
I got my Z02 upgraded or "repaired" a few weeks after receiving it and compared it to the UHA4 and 601 with my GR07's.   After a short 20 min A/B, I concluded that the Z0 reduced the mid/high dynamics.   Just now I did a much longer A/B, this time with my touch(also cracked 3 days earlier) and uha4, GR07's again(I accidently smashed the screen of my 601 with my elbow getting into my truck- klutzomania!!)    After an hour with acoustic/vocal, I made the same conclusion.    Definately the bass is tighter and louder with the Z0 at the lowest contour setting 0, but voices lose their dynamics and sounded compressed.   To some ears, I'm sure this may sound "smoother" but to there is a definate ceiling to voices and guitars etc. (I actually compared the infamous latest version of the Arrow and Uha4 half a year ago, and sent back the Arrow.)   This A/B with the Z02 with my UHA4 confirms to me the awesomeness of the 4.   While it would be nice to have a tighter and perhaps louder bass, I'll try to get that thru my IEM's, hopefully my JH5, due to arrive any day will equal the bass of my GR07 or better it.  Actually, if the UHA4 had a bass boost.... maybe by next Xmas!

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #968 of 1,126

I presume you are gonna sell your ZO2 then? Will have to do some comparisons when my unit arrives.
Quote:
I got my Z02 upgraded or "repaired" a few weeks after receiving it and compared it to the UHA4 and 601 with my GR07's.   After a short 20 min A/B, I concluded that the Z0 reduced the mid/high dynamics.   Just now I did a much longer A/B, this time with my touch(also cracked 3 days earlier) and uha4, GR07's again(I accidently smashed the screen of my 601 with my elbow getting into my truck- klutzomania!!)    After an hour with acoustic/vocal, I made the same conclusion.    Definately the bass is tighter and louder with the Z0 at the lowest contour setting 0, but voices lose their dynamics and sounded compressed.   To some ears, I'm sure this may sound "smoother" but to there is a definate ceiling to voices and guitars etc. (I actually compared the infamous latest version of the Arrow and Uha4 half a year ago, and sent back the Arrow.)   This A/B with the Z02 with my UHA4 confirms to me the awesomeness of the 4.   While it would be nice to have a tighter and perhaps louder bass, I'll try to get that thru my IEM's, hopefully my JH5, due to arrive any day will equal the bass of my GR07 or better it.  Actually, if the UHA4 had a bass boost.... maybe by next Xmas!

Dec 27, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #969 of 1,126

Quote:

I presume you have ZO2.2?

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:29 PM Post #972 of 1,126
So you are saying I need to send it back to you again?   Then how about emailing a prepaid postage as I mailed it back last time.   That would be the professional thing to do since you got everybody on the site excited then had everyone send it back to you cause it wasn't right.   I'm sure you are professional in handling your customers for your mistakes?

Dec 27, 2011 at 5:33 PM Post #973 of 1,126

Quote:
So you are saying I need to send it back to you again?   Then how about emailing a prepaid postage as I mailed it back last time.   That would be the professional thing to do since you got everybody on the site excited then had everyone send it back to you cause it wasn't right.   I'm sure you are professional in handling your customers for your mistakes?

lol soundbear. Good luck on that one. I agree with you on this one though.

Dec 27, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #975 of 1,126
I did the first mistake when I bought it on pre order... So, I'll keep it until everything is fine, then I'll send it back, if everything goes OK with the revisions... I think it was a huge mistake for everyone that sent it back for rev 2...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back