ZMF Verite Open
Nov 25, 2020 at 8:46 PM Post #5,536 of 9,511
It's a match as they go together very well, and just like head-fi there's plenty of variety. It's always incredible to sit back and listen to some good music and have a dram, especially when the music takes me back to a concert or other event. This afternoon I listened to the 1988 Def Leppard concert from McNichols Arena in Denver, it's on the 30th Anniversary Hysteria release and the Super Deluxe version on Tidal, and it took it me back to that concert as I was there. Remember it like yesterday!

I can attest to Matrix/Feliks/ZMF being a whiskey inducing activity.
I’m actually doing that just now just not nearly with the stock of good liquors you have.

And yes the music can be quite emotional especially when you dig out a gem you haven’t heard in literally years with the Verite.

The Suntory Im having isn’t bad though for something I can pick up anytime at the Total Wine up the street. It’s actually much better than the standard Jamie and Jack imo

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:17 AM Post #5,537 of 9,511
Still enjoying the Verite LTD Pheasant wood after a year. This time driven by La Figaro. The fact that Verite has stayed with me for one year means I like it. :)

IMG_1150.jpg
As much as I LOVE the Ironwood Verite Closed, and all of my different headphones, my Pheasantwood VOs are my fav headphone.

Nov 26, 2020 at 1:04 AM Post #5,538 of 9,511
So tonight at dinner my wife happens to ask me if I want anything for Channukah/XMas. Funny you should ask, I say. As this afternoon at the office I went on the ZMF website. I had sent a query to them last week asking about lead times and I had gotten a nice response from Zach who mentioned in the email somewhat cryptically (at least cryptically to me) about some upcoming November items. Today just happened to be opening day for these November specials, so my timing was really good, which included some B stock monkeypod verite C's at $1999. So I went to order, but then changed my order to a B stock Leopardwood, a little more $ but looked really nice. I actually did some work and when I checked back on the website it looks like the Monkeypod ones were already gone.
so Happy Channukah Merry X-Mas

Nov 26, 2020 at 1:08 AM Post #5,540 of 9,511
Loving my time with these new VO's!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 9.00.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-25 at 9.00.38 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com
Nov 26, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #5,541 of 9,511
So tonight at dinner my wife happens to ask me if I want anything for Channukah/XMas. Funny you should ask, I say. As this afternoon at the office I went on the ZMF website. I had sent a query to them last week asking about lead times and I had gotten a nice response from Zach who mentioned in the email somewhat cryptically (at least cryptically to me) about some upcoming November items. Today just happened to be opening day for these November specials, so my timing was really good, which included some B stock monkeypod verite C's at $1999. So I went to order, but then changed my order to a B stock Leopardwood, a little more $ but looked really nice. I actually did some work and when I checked back on the website it looks like the Monkeypod ones were already gone.

Those Verite C Monkeypods were an amazing bargain at $1999. I'm not surprised they're gone. I almost pulled the lever on them myself but I couldn't pass up the Camphor Burl. Such a beautiful wood!

Nov 26, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #5,542 of 9,511
Nov 26, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #5,543 of 9,511

Nice! Happy Channukah & Merry Xmas right back at you...

But you leave a question hanging...did your wife purchase that VC for you? If yes, she enters the Head-Fi Spousal Hall of Fame on 1st ballot!

Nov 26, 2020 at 1:02 PM Post #5,544 of 9,511
How did this not get a like lol :wink:

I was 1/2 joking about that.

However, I did have nitrous "informally" a few times (a blast). And I've spent many hours in dentists' chairs getting major dental work w/high-dose nitrous AND (sometimes) with headphones on. Portable Discman-type headphones, but still...

I'm here to tell you--nitrous has truly fascinating effects on the brain's sound processing. Too much and you get sheets of echoing reverb, which is disconcerting...but w/the right, slightly less-than-max dose, familiar sounds become extremely interesting.

Nov 26, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #5,545 of 9,511
But you leave a question hanging...did your wife purchase that VC for you? If yes, she enters the Head-Fi Spousal Hall of Fame on 1st ballot!
No, she didn't buy them for me. But after putting up with my audiophile antics for 41 years, I have no complaints, so maybe she deserves a 2nd ballot entry

Nov 26, 2020 at 7:28 PM Post #5,547 of 9,511
No, she didn't buy them for me. But after putting up with my audiophile antics for 41 years, I have no complaints, so maybe she deserves a 2nd ballot entry

As long as she didn't do steroids, she's a lock to get in!

Seriously, I have a pretty tolerant wife, too. She does kick my ass often, so it's hardly a free pass. But when it came to audio, especially big living room systems, she put up with a LOT some years back...

Nov 26, 2020 at 7:56 PM Post #5,548 of 9,511
As long as she didn't do steroids, she's a lock to get in!

Seriously, I have a pretty tolerant wife, too. She does kick my ass often, so it's hardly a free pass. But when it came to audio, especially big living room systems, she put up with a LOT some years back...

But she hasn’t seen your JBL Everest D67000 in the garage yet.

Nov 27, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #5,549 of 9,511
I can't get over how fantastic the Verite C sound. I use minor parametric EQ on them via Roon's DSP:

Peak 105Hz 5db 1Q
High Shelf 2500Hz 0.9Q
Peak 3500Hz 3.3332Q
Overall preamp: -5.1db

In this chain:
Roon (MBP 2014) USB -> Bifrost 2 XLR out -> HeadAmp GS-X mini RCA pre-amp out -> HeadAmp Gilmore Lite Mk2 (w/Golden Reference PSU) -> Verite

I listen primarily to metalcore and cannot be happier with how these present the music. They're so ****ing fast which is critical for a breakneck genre like (how) metalcore (generally is) and they have delightful slam while presenting highs in such an airy, separated, and smooth fashion. Guitars have such a fantastically sharp bite without being incisive. Kick drums pummel, snares have a great snap, and cymbals are so liquid.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020 at 3:25 AM Post #5,550 of 9,511
I'm looking to get the ironwood Ltd.
Before I pull the trigger, could some refresh my memory a bit.. What are the recommended two pads to get? I'm hazarding a guess but Verite lambskin and Be2 hybrid?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back