ZMF Verite Open
Nov 27, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #5,551 of 9,525
I really like the stock Universe lambskin.

Nov 27, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #5,553 of 9,525
Out of all of us that shopped the first Stabilized Wood Drop... how did you fare? I got a Grimace Verite Closed, that slipped through my fingers as I was checking out of my cart! Grrr... however I did score a Blue in Bloom Aeolus which is beyond gorgeous!

Nov 27, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #5,554 of 9,525
Nov 27, 2020 at 6:35 PM Post #5,555 of 9,525
Out of all of us that shopped the first Stabilized Wood Drop... how did you fare? I got a Grimace Verite Closed, that slipped through my fingers as I was checking out of my cart! Grrr... however I did score a Blue in Bloom Aeolus which is beyond gorgeous!

It's a little scary how pretty that blue is. I feel my pulse speed up & BP inch upwards just looking at the pictures...

Nov 28, 2020 at 12:38 PM Post #5,557 of 9,525
Nov 28, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #5,559 of 9,525
Pad rolling isn’t quite as convenient on ZMFs as on Empys, though there are more very good options.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 4:57 PM Post #5,560 of 9,525
I feel my pulse speed up & BP inch upwards just looking at the pictures...
Naughty boy!! That's what you get from looking online at pictures of... wood :wink:

Nov 28, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #5,561 of 9,525
I'll leave this here.

oGrqEap.jpg

Nov 28, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #5,563 of 9,525
My VO’s now have serious company - Euforia just arrived ! Sounding great out of the box, driving from Kann Cube mini xlr out. Now time for some burn-in ..⏳- thanks for the guidance guys, you haven’t steered me wrong yet! - Chris

Cross posting but seriously there’s synergy between Feliks Euforia and the Verite.

I’ve been getting used to the sound of the integrated amp of my Matrix Element M and the cost conscious iFi Zen Can.

The Euforia delivers a holographic and “wet” sound that can’t be achieved with the Matrix or iFi yet they still sound really enjoyable.

But the Euforia, for example when hearing a track start with a snare at the downbeat, sounds closer to the acoustic sound of an actual snare rather than the softer/rounded detail off texture and dynamics of the SS amps that I own.

It took me about 2 months of listening to accustom my hearing to that.

Looking forward to your thoughts on it a few weeks or months from now.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #5,564 of 9,525
Please help me make a decision.

I would like to purchase a open-back headphone. I currently own a ZMF VC camphor Burl, Meze empyrean, ZMF Auteur, LCD-X and HD660s. I am looking for something that will add a different flavor/ sound signature to my collection. I run these headphones with Feliks Audio Elise and GSX-mini. I also sometimes use my old faithful cap modded Liquid platinum.

These are my options. ZMF Verite Open, He1000se or Diana V2. but i am open to other cans as well.

I love the ZMF house sound. My VC is literally my fav headphone. Especially with the Elise, its something that I keep coming back to, no matter what else I own. Its also my most used combo. VO will be my cheapest option, but there will be a long wait time. But i also do own a VC, so my question is just how much will the VO sound different compared to the VC?

Next up is the HE1000se. I always wanted to own a big hifiman can. I hear the 1000se is the king of detail retrieval. Thats one aspect, ive always been curious about. On the other hand, i have had nothing but QC issues with Hifiman headphones. I have personally owned 3 pairs on sundaras and 2 pairs of Aryas and all of them had awful channel imbalance. As a result i am terrified of getting a dud, even if its a he1000se at a cheap price of $3500. Its gonna cost me almost 1k more than the VO minus the wait time.

Lastly, the Diana V2. I know nothing about this headphone and honestly it will be my last resort.

Plz help me steer in the right direction as i consider this to be my last major headphone purchase (famous last words LOL). I want something that my current headphones dont have. I will sincerely appreciate any help/suggestion/wisdom.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. God bless and Happy holidays.

Shaffy

Nov 28, 2020 at 9:10 PM Post #5,565 of 9,525
Please help me make a decision.

I would like to purchase a open-back headphone. I currently own a ZMF VC camphor Burl, Meze empyrean, ZMF Auteur, LCD-X and HD660s. I am looking for something that will add a different flavor/ sound signature to my collection. I run these headphones with Feliks Audio Elise and GSX-mini. I also sometimes use my old faithful cap modded Liquid platinum.

These are my options. ZMF Verite Open, He1000se or Diana V2. but i am open to other cans as well.

I love the ZMF house sound. My VC is literally my fav headphone. Especially with the Elise, its something that I keep coming back to, no matter what else I own. Its also my most used combo. VO will be my cheapest option, but there will be a long wait time. But i also do own a VC, so my question is just how much will the VO sound different compared to the VC?

Next up is the HE1000se. I always wanted to own a big hifiman can. I hear the 1000se is the king of detail retrieval. Thats one aspect, ive always been curious about. On the other hand, i have had nothing but QC issues with Hifiman headphones. I have personally owned 3 pairs on sundaras and 2 pairs of Aryas and all of them had awful channel imbalance. As a result i am terrified of getting a dud, even if its a he1000se at a cheap price of $3500. Its gonna cost me almost 1k more than the VO minus the wait time.

Lastly, the Diana V2. I know nothing about this headphone and honestly it will be my last resort.

Plz help me steer in the right direction as i consider this to be my last major headphone purchase (famous last words LOL). I want something that my current headphones dont have. I will sincerely appreciate any help/suggestion/wisdom.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. God bless and Happy holidays.

Shaffy

You have an Auteur, Verite, and an Empyrean. Your search is over. Save your money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back