ZMF Verite Open
Aug 18, 2021 at 10:54 PM Post #6,676 of 9,518
Happy for you man. Am sure the wait was worth it; as always. The contrast between blackwood and silver grille and rod is simply stunning !
Thank you so much! It was definitely worth the wait, even though I always get antsy when I know it's close. I've always liked darker woods and sometimes ask for lighter woods to be stained to make them darker. But that's always in an effort to make them look more like Blackwood.

For a long while, I have been hoping Zach would release another round of Blackwood Verite's so I could finally have the real thing. And he came through in spades! To my eyes, these are heirloom beautiful.

Aug 18, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #6,677 of 9,518
Glad you got them! And nice pics! I sanded and sprayed another batch of ten sets today, because we have a great staff that does a TON of great work for us these days, I get to pick and choose what I want to work on a lot of the time, and whenever I have the chance I love working on the Blackwood sets. It's a beautiful looking, sounding, and feels great in the hand. When we get caught up enough I'm definitely going to make myself a set. =)
I'm just so thankful that you decided to release another round of Verite's in Blackwood! You have my utmost appreciation.

Aug 20, 2021 at 4:29 AM Post #6,679 of 9,518
Has anyone in the UK managed to get a demo unit for home loan from the official distributor https://www.acornaudio.co.uk/?
I emailed the shop a few times in the last couple of months but I didn’t even get a reply 🤷‍♂️
I’m really interested in the Verite Open, but their return policy is not good
A 25% restocking charge will be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling them, whether it is by using the items or even opening the box they arrived in
Getting a pair and hoping for the best?

Aug 20, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #6,680 of 9,518
Has anyone in the UK managed to get a demo unit for home loan from the official distributor https://www.acornaudio.co.uk/?
I emailed the shop a few times in the last couple of months but I didn’t even get a reply 🤷‍♂️
I’m really interested in the Verite Open, but their return policy is not good

Getting a pair and hoping for the best?
I would imagine the resale value there is quite high. It is in the US.

Aug 20, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #6,682 of 9,518
I have tried recently the VC, coming from a Kennerton GH50, It was very hard to get use to :
Less dynamic and separation, trebles do not sparkle as much as the Kennerton, less fun.
What can I do to appreciate more this VC which cost me 2,5 times more than the Gallahorn ?

Aug 20, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #6,683 of 9,518
I have tried recently the VC, coming from a Kennerton GH50, It was very hard to get use to :
Less dynamic and separation, trebles do not sparkle as much as the Kennerton, less fun.
What can I do to appreciate more this VC which cost me 2,5 times more than the Gallahorn ?
You may want to post this in the verite closed thread (this is the open thread) as you may get more response. You also will want to post your source, genre of music you like, preferred sound sig, preferred listening volume and pads used to help everyone get you some good suggestions.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Aug 20, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #6,684 of 9,518
Thank you so much! It was definitely worth the wait, even though I always get antsy when I know it's close. I've always liked darker woods and sometimes ask for lighter woods to be stained to make them darker. But that's always in an effort to make them look more like Blackwood.

For a long while, I have been hoping Zach would release another round of Blackwood Verite's so I could finally have the real thing. And he came through in spades! To my eyes, these are heirloom beautiful.
My aeolus is blackwood w/silver grill. There's just something about blackwood. It's beautiful of course, but also solid & substantial. Feels like money in the bank...

Aug 20, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #6,685 of 9,518
Anyone have experience with Cayin HA-6A pairing with verite open vs other tube amps like Feliks Elise? I am currently using the Ha6, it sounds wonderful but there's a lot of background noise so I am thinking of trying a different tube amp.

Aug 20, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #6,687 of 9,518
Anyone have experience with Cayin HA-6A pairing with verite open vs other tube amps like Feliks Elise? I am currently using the Ha6, it sounds wonderful but there's a lot of background noise so I am thinking of trying a different tube amp.

Read back through some of the many pages in the thread. I'd wager that most every serious tube headphone amp has been paired with the Verite at one point or another. We owners love to share our experiences(success and failures) with the community.

As a general rule or thumb many of the SET transformer coupled amps typically pair well with the Verite. Many many people love OTL style tube amps not just with the Verite but with most every headphone that ZMF produces. I know at one time or another every Woo Audio tube amp has been discussed.

I'll add that you may also consider a hybrid tube/soild-state amp. I personally recommend the RH-5 from Rogue Audio. Very very clean, black backgrounds and the ability to roll tubes. But let me be clear this won't sound like a full sized 100% tube amp. No but what it does it does very well. IMO, and what I listen to most of the time is a full-sized SET, tube rectified ALO Studio Six. Tons and tons of tube rolling options with the 6V6's and 6SN7 that's used. Frankly I even get sonic differences from rolling out the 5AR4/GZ34 and even small differences by rolling out the small OB2 gas regulators.

Take some time, read away. Tons and tons of useful information here on what tube amps will make your Verite shine in every budget you can think of.

Good luck.

Aug 20, 2021 at 8:57 PM Post #6,688 of 9,518
Another Blackwood VO with aged copper grills! The aged copper color actually seems to match very well with the blackwood grain.

DSC02057.jpgDSC02060.jpgDSC02065.jpg

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:06 PM Post #6,689 of 9,518
Another Blackwood VO with aged copper grills! The aged copper color actually seems to match very well with the blackwood grain.

Your African Blackwood Verite are stunners!!

I'm especially loving the black to lighter brown almost chocolate colors in the wood grain!

ZMF is really hitting on all cylinders with these Blackwood Verite LTDs. Seriously.

Aug 20, 2021 at 9:07 PM Post #6,690 of 9,518

Stunning pair!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back