ZMF Verite Open
Aug 12, 2021 at 9:34 PM Post #6,646 of 9,521
Looks like you have reached end game (on headphones) and is now going beyond by looking for all other variants across different timelines - Marvel analogy.
Although the Verite can certainly be called endgame, I'm simply out of control. ZMF is the first brand that makes me want to buy things based on looks as well as sound. I have a problem. Don't be like me.

Aug 12, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #6,647 of 9,521
Although the Verite can certainly be called endgame, I'm simply out of control. ZMF is the first brand that makes me want to buy things based on looks as well as sound. I have a problem. Don't be like me.
Too late for me. Am into ZMF big time already. Spent most of my free time not just listening but also admiring the wood grains of my VO and Aeolus.

Aug 12, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #6,648 of 9,521
Looks like you have reached end game (on headphones) and is now going beyond by looking for all other variants across different timelines - Marvel analogy.
Oh Loki here…that’s Marvelous!

Aug 12, 2021 at 11:09 PM Post #6,649 of 9,521
I understand. It’s that fear of letting go. But you may come around eventually and sell one.
I try to keep just one of VO and VC and so far I’ve been successful.
They are tempting to have different wood variants but these are more expensive then a pair of sneakers, lol.

Aug 12, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #6,650 of 9,521
I've joined the ZMF family and I am loving every second of my verite open. It sounds better than anything I've owned before, abyss Diana v2 included. I love the tonality of it and how the sound just surrounds you with good bass. Best bass I've heard, cleaner than th900 imo. I am definitely going to be keeping this for a while. The wood is Burmese Paudak LTD previous owner told me these were rare and only 3 of them were made, not sure how true that is but they are beautiful.

214EB192-3F45-4086-9B31-F9DA9BAF0EE3.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #6,653 of 9,521
Recently sold the Eikons for quick cash. Have so far resisted adding yet another set. :p

zmf.png

Aug 13, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #6,655 of 9,521
Thus far, I really like the the DNA Starlett with the Verite Blackwood- very synergistic and with no digital glare whatsoever, but still clear, detailed and more than fast enough to keep up with the Verite; it just sounds right, although the Verite hasn't "burned in" yet. While I tried several different tubes with the Starlett, none sound as good as the "stock" ones Donald picked, bless his ears, so I stuck to those and just enjoyed the music.
That is a great amp for zmf headphones and one of the best pairing I heard with the verite and does make me curious about how it would sound like with the stellaris. Great thing about it is how good it sounds with cheap tubes.

Aug 13, 2021 at 3:17 PM Post #6,657 of 9,521
I've joined the ZMF family and I am loving every second of my verite open. It sounds better than anything I've owned before, abyss Diana v2 included. I love the tonality of it and how the sound just surrounds you with good bass. Best bass I've heard, cleaner than th900 imo. I am definitely going to be keeping this for a while. The wood is Burmese Paudak LTD previous owner told me these were rare and only 3 of them were made, not sure how true that is but they are beautiful.

214EB192-3F45-4086-9B31-F9DA9BAF0EE3.jpeg
That is simply a stunning pair...reminds me of my Desert Ironwood (see my avatar) but the grain is different. Lovely look with those rose gold accents.

Aug 14, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #6,659 of 9,521
Arrived today and already sounds great out of the box- this is the Blackwood version /w rose gold grilles and rods. I actually wasn't sure I had made the right choice with rose gold, but was looking for a warm and inviting colorway and am very happy I stuck with it.

So very true...
I never really liked Rose gold until I saw it on your Blackwood Verite. With that wood color as it's canvas, it is just stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back