ZMF Verite Open
Jun 8, 2020 at 6:10 PM Post #4,381 of 9,513
I was contemplating ordering the matching camphor burl Pendant too!

I would love to hear your impression on it since we have a similar tastes :beyersmile:

For sure. I e-mailed Zack earlier, and he promptly replied with 'pendant was just finished and HP should be finished by next week as well.' Did someone mention Zach doesn't reply to inquiries? :thinking:

Jun 8, 2020 at 6:15 PM Post #4,382 of 9,513
If my Zircote were newer I might have swapped with you. I am thinking about getting the Camphor Burl myself as I would love to be able to custom order them.......medium to dark stain with brass hardware. I guess we are up to a full seven weeks though on the wait for these?

There are over 40 on the list right now for Verite. They also have to make other HPs and accessories too, so it may be a while. But if you want the LTD camphor burl, It's probably a good time to jump on it.

Jun 8, 2020 at 6:18 PM Post #4,383 of 9,513
If my Zircote were newer I might have swapped with you. I am thinking about getting the Camphor Burl myself as I would love to be able to custom order them.......medium to dark stain with brass hardware. I guess we are up to a full seven weeks though on the wait for these?

I mean, can you really resist these? :L3000:
camphor_burl.JPG

Jun 8, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #4,385 of 9,513
Now you tell me....I kid, I kid. I never considered asking to stain the camphor to medium/dark. Damn my judgement on that one!

Jun 8, 2020 at 6:58 PM Post #4,386 of 9,513
Jun 8, 2020 at 7:17 PM Post #4,387 of 9,513
There is no question. Am just responding to someone else that more money does not translate to audio quality or better sound.

To me, Zach does not seems responsive to me. Bevin respond once in a while then its like she vanish. Email and headfi no respond. I do understand he is a busy man and all that. Or maybe am not worth his time !

I have had the opposite experience and have been pleasantly surprised and pleased to get direct responses from Zach to my email inquiries... And some of my emails were not short and simple :)

Originally he reccommended the Aeolous to me, but through our exchange he thought the Verite would be more of the sound I preferred.

I will shortly be ordering the Verite and Pendant combination.

But note that Zach didn't immediately reccomend the most expensive option. He listened to what I was looking for to make the best reccomendation for me. That's great customer service.

Jun 8, 2020 at 7:22 PM Post #4,388 of 9,513
Does the Euforia make the VO warmer?
I find my VO with the Verite pads paired with the Questyle CMA 400i to be a bit too neutral for my liking. I would like it to be warmer :D
I find the Euforia pretty neutral. Maybe Elise sounds warmer because Euforia is silver wired.
However, I really like the Universe pad, so the VO is already on the warmer side of neutral.
But, warm or not, the mids! The mids on the Euforia are something to write home about. They aren't dense or thick (in a muddy way), but with great presence and vivid brilliance, the notes are floating around your ears, i dare to say in a quasi-electrostatic way. Trebles are silky and extended. Bass in really good, maybe just less precise and articulated than on my solid state (IFI, Bryston). A minor complaint.

A note: still using the stock tubes (PSVane Gold and Russian power ones).

Jun 8, 2020 at 7:37 PM Post #4,389 of 9,513
You're killing me! Ha! I guess I need to add the Burl to the collection?20200608_185321.jpg

:gs1000smile::gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

Stunning. I think Camphor burl would be a nice complement to your darker wood collection!

How does VC sound compare to VO?

Jun 8, 2020 at 8:08 PM Post #4,391 of 9,513
:gs1000smile::gs1000smile::gs1000smile:

Stunning. I think Camphor burl would be a nice complement to your darker wood collection!

How does VC sound compare to VO?
The VC and VO offer different viewpoints on the same basic sound. The VO is a more laid back, airier sound, with a larger soundstage. The VO is more in your face with a smaller soundstage but better imaging. Now because my ears are pressure sensitive I have a harder time with the VC, I have to fiddle with them more to get a good sound, so I tend to like the VO more because of that.

Jun 8, 2020 at 8:14 PM Post #4,392 of 9,513
Nice purple Atticus!!

Thanks, those used to be Metal 571’s purple Atticus, I always liked that color, so I bought them off of him.

Jun 9, 2020 at 12:06 AM Post #4,394 of 9,513
I'm awaiting matching set of camphor burl VO/Pendant.

You mean the Pendant base will be camphor burl as well? If so, did you have to contact Zach with that request? The ordering page for the Pendant on their website has a "custom wood option" but gives no details as to what it is.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2020 at 12:47 AM Post #4,395 of 9,513

Users who are viewing this thread

Back