ZMF November 2022 is here!!!
Nov 13, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #106 of 898
Can someone confirm if the VO/VC 500 deal is a flat 500 off the total or 500 off each headphone (-1000)? I have seen both interpretations and wanna be sure.

Verite Bundle Discount: If you bundle a VO and a VC of any type, we will discount the purchase of the two headphones by $500 USD.
Hey I'd say $500 total discount (250/250) If it would be 500 each they would clearly write $1,000 off as it is a value preposition that would people drive to buy within the coupon. Pretty clear message when you see it this way.

Hope that helps

Nov 13, 2022 at 4:46 PM Post #107 of 898
I realize the sale discussion has been answered, but honestly I’m surprised there are discounts like this at all given inflation this past year. Very few things are the same price they were 3-5 years ago, and we got a greatly improved Auteur this year $100 cheaper than when the original came out and the Eikon came back in a limited edition at least a couple hundred dollars less than stock or several hundred less compared to prior LTD Eikons.

I think the Abyss TC went up like $1000 in the past year or so!

Nov 13, 2022 at 5:21 PM Post #108 of 898
Lightning IOS is digital out (carry digital signal). It is not an amplifier output, which is suppose to be an analog data.

From your iphone (use the lightning connection) you need a separate DAC+Amplifier then connect it to Headphone. For portable use, I think Fiio Q7 is one solid option.

557706328986877982.png

Nov 13, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #109 of 898
I realize the sale discussion has been answered, but honestly I’m surprised there are discounts like this at all given inflation this past year. Very few things are the same price they were 3-5 years ago, and we got a greatly improved Auteur this year $100 cheaper than when the original came out and the Eikon came back in a limited edition at least a couple hundred dollars less than stock or several hundred less compared to prior LTD Eikons.

I think the Abyss TC went up like $1000 in the past year or so!

Sorry!

Sorry!

I think you're comparing us to brands that have vast dealer networks and utilize dealers to sell their headphones mostly. We predominantly sell our headphones directly, with some dealers, and make everything from scratch, and often don't have headphones pre-made for purchase because of how long it takes to make them. Couple that with the fact that we don't sell to distributors at all, and what you have is that our msrp prices are already 25 percent lower than other brands that do use dealers, and build in that margin.

I mentioned in the Caldera thread, that if we utilized distributors the msrp would be 5k.

So with all the above, you get headphones with a lower msrp than if they had a distributor network, and also a product that holds its value much better, I think overall it's much better for the end consumer.

The Verite headphones were released in 2018 and 2019 and we have some inventory built up from 3/4 years of production, hence the good deal.

I've been using my VO more than ever lately, as I've rediscovered why I designed it after not using it a lot in the last year. There's no headphone on the market like it, that's fast, relaxed in the upper mids, and extremely detailed with tight planar like bass.

Of note, we have a very strict price program for dealers, and unless a demo or used model, the price should not be below the price on our site plus VAT, if it's sold at that price it will not be warrented.

Thankful everyone is so excited for ZMF November, it'll be a great one!
Thanks for your candor, Zach, and for educating us about the inner workings of ZMF. There will always be people who'll complain about prices. I suspect many of them simply don't realize the challenges facing smaller operations like yours. Please know that you have a devoted following of aficionados who appreciate all that you do, and recognize your work as not merely headphones, but as beautiful works of art, to be appreciated both audibly and aesthetically.

Nov 13, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #110 of 898
The irony... Just got a pretty bad plumbing issue in my house tonight, right as I'm prepping to get one of these headphones! I hope the plumber is gentle on price tomorrow... My chances of snagging a VC this week just got a lot worse 😢.

Nov 14, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #112 of 898
Are the weights for each headphone going to be listed on the page as well? I can’t handle more than ~480g for 30 minutes or more, but can use my 415g Atticus all day.

No - but - you'd want to stick with woods like Koa, Camphor Burl, Camphor, Cherry, Stock woods and with Magnesium chassis, and then with open headphones, away from Steel, Brass/Copper and with Black aluminum.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 14, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #113 of 898
Some Aeolus coming for ZMF November. The red/Cocobolo set is an anomaly we held back during a run because it didn't quite match, but it's very cool.

_DSC0455.jpg_DSC0948.jpg

Yellow headphones always seem out of place - so we don't make a lot of them. But this one is glorious.
_DSC0289.jpg_DSC0301.jpg

Macassar Ebony VS's turned out well. Still feel so lucky to have been able to work with this wood.
_DSC0494-2.jpg_DSC0500-2.jpg_DSC0503-2.jpg

This is an especially figured piece of stabilized maple. Check out the matching leather band!

_DSC0517.jpg

Some very unique VC Resin and Stabilized sets.

_DSC0635.jpg_DSC0643.jpg

Green isn't often popular, but this VC defies logic.
_DSC0671.jpg

A few VO's, blackwood is a run we have a number of sets left over from that we made. Always hard to photo those! Purple leather band brings it all together on that one VO.

_DSC0412.jpg_DSC0883.jpg_DSC0891.jpg_DSC0914.jpg_DSC0426.jpg_DSC0846.jpg_DSC0900.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC0868.jpg
    _DSC0868.jpg
    1,001.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Nov 14, 2022 at 1:51 AM Post #114 of 898
Some Aeolus coming for ZMF November. The red/Cocobolo set is an anomaly we held back during a run because it didn't quite match, but it's very cool.

_DSC0455.jpg_DSC0948.jpg

Yellow headphones always seem out of place - so we don't make a lot of them. But this one is glorious.
_DSC0289.jpg_DSC0301.jpg

Macassar Ebony VS's turned out well. Still feel so lucky to have been able to work with this wood.

This is an especially figured piece of stabilized maple. Check out the matching leather band!

_DSC0517.jpg

_DSC0635.jpg_DSC0643.jpg

_DSC0671.jpg

A few VO's, blackwood is a run we have a number of sets left over from that we made. Always hard to photo those! Purple leather band brings it all together on that one VO.

_DSC0412.jpg_DSC0883.jpg_DSC0891.jpg_DSC0914.jpg_DSC0426.jpg_DSC0846.jpg_DSC0900.jpg
GOD ZACH EVERY AUDIOPHILE MUST BOW TO YOUR CREATIONS!!!!!

Nov 14, 2022 at 1:52 AM Post #115 of 898
The irony... Just got a pretty bad plumbing issue in my house tonight, right as I'm prepping to get one of these headphones! I hope the plumber is gentle on price tomorrow... My chances of snagging a VC this week just got a lot worse 😢.
Sorry to hear that, dude. Sometimes life has other plans for our money.

Just ask yourself, would you rather have running water, or this beautiful pair of functional musical art candy? :wink:

1668408500643.jpeg

Nov 14, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #116 of 898

_DSC0455.jpg_DSC0948.jpg

_DSC0289.jpg_DSC0301.jpg

_DSC0517.jpg

_DSC0635.jpg_DSC0643.jpg

_DSC0671.jpg

wow!

Nov 14, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #117 of 898
Just stunning! Saving my pennies for a Macassar Ebony Atrium Closed! Hope there's some left by that time!

Nov 14, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #119 of 898
Sorry to hear that, dude. Sometimes life has other plans for our money.

Just ask yourself, would you rather have running water, or this beautiful pair of functional musical art candy? :wink:

1668408500643.jpeg
I still really want that music candy... 😉

Nov 14, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #120 of 898
Good Lord......hopefully there will be some left over for some Caldera closed cans!

Gorgeous Zach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back