ZMF November 2022 is here!!!
Nov 12, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #76 of 898
He shows the measurements in this video.

Wait zmf makes pads for the HD800?
Or I'm way off?
Where is the link for the pads?

Nov 12, 2022 at 5:17 PM Post #77 of 898
Nov 12, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #78 of 898
I love it when the color of a piece of wood is indescribable.

_DSC0319.jpg

The colors remind me of Blue Tiger's Eye (Jasper and Quartz) stones.

1668308240237.png

Nov 12, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #79 of 898
This is pretty geeky, but I always enjoy clicking through the b stock and stabilized photos to admire the headphone pron. Hoping those go up soon so I can second guess my decision to not buy another headphone :).

Nov 12, 2022 at 11:06 PM Post #80 of 898
Nov 12, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #81 of 898
Oh wow, I order their Eikon pads for my Fostex, and Now I'm getting a set of pads for my HD800, They look thicker, which is what I have been looking for to make a better seal
I'm right there with you. The stock HD800 pads sound great, but they don't quite seal perfectly and feel a little uneven and uncomfortable as a result.

After getting these pads, all of my headphones will have been decked out with the ZMF touch in some form or another. The only thing missing is my DAC, which I might as well just throw a ZMF sticker on and call it a day!

Nov 13, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #82 of 898
I'm right there with you. The stock HD800 pads sound great, but they don't quite seal perfectly and feel a little uneven and uncomfortable as a result.

After getting these pads, all of my headphones will have been decked out with the ZMF touch in some form or another. The only thing missing is my DAC, which I might as well just throw a ZMF sticker on and call it a day!
Well he does sell the superb sounding Cayin CS-100DAC which I reckon would pair very well with your Pendant...

Nov 13, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #83 of 898
This is pretty geeky, but I always enjoy clicking through the b stock and stabilized photos to admire the headphone pron. Hoping those go up soon so I can second guess my decision to not buy another headphone :).
I’ll be doing the same thing. Sometimes we buy headphones. Sometimes we get dental work and pay taxes and save for retirement and foolishly buy other such frivolous things.

There’s always next year. I haven’t been following ZMF as long as some, but it seems like every special release is a little bit better, a little bit bigger. Try not to fall in love.

Nov 13, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #84 of 898
I’ll be doing the same thing. Sometimes we buy headphones. Sometimes we get dental work and pay taxes and save for retirement and foolishly buy other such frivolous things.

There’s always next year. I haven’t been following ZMF as long as some, but it seems like every special release is a little bit better, a little bit bigger. Try not to fall in love.
Not falling in love is futile 😉

Nov 13, 2022 at 5:37 AM Post #85 of 898
there was an olive wood VC not too long back - maybe last year even. They looked stunning.
I do the same, man, My wife is that a new Gun; I say nope, it's been in the safe for a long time.
Is that a new headphone, I say nope, they have been in the box for a long time lol

I think she knows better, but she knows me hahahahahaahahaaha. She is a sweetie.

But one thing is sure, pay the bills and keep some money in the safe for bad times. (so you don't have to sell your toys)

That's my rule. before I pull the trigger on anything that is not a necessity.
Really rather spending money for dangerous and unnecessary guns 🚨better spend that money on something more beautiful like headphones 🍀

Nov 13, 2022 at 5:45 AM Post #86 of 898
I wouldn't buy 2nd hand headphones, but I love the olive wood. That would be perfect if I could get new VC in that wood.
What keeps you off considering 2nd hand Headphones? Made a great deal on VC Olive Ltd. looks stuning and was in perfect condition.

8240CB17-2C97-44F6-8FEC-5D46C808C584.jpeg

E775D45E-F417-45BE-9561-8B9FB08327D2.jpeg

Always depends on the condition I’d say

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 5:51 AM Post #87 of 898
What keeps you off considering 2nd hand Headphones? Made a great deal on VC Olive Ltd. looks stuning and was in perfect condition.

Always depends on the condition I’d say

I'd love to give you a really logical explanation, but I can't. It's irrational. I'd rather just buy from new, then I know exactly how they have been kept and used. I rarely buy anything in life second hand TBH, which sucks because I'd have more money if I could get past it.

Nov 13, 2022 at 6:04 AM Post #88 of 898
I'd love to give you a really logical explanation, but I can't. It's irrational. I'd rather just buy from new, then I know exactly how they have been kept and used. I rarely buy anything in life second hand TBH, which sucks because I'd have more money if I could get past it.
Just give it a try if it’s cleand, from a trusted source and you feel fine with it you might save some money that you can use for good cables.

Most head-fi’ers know how to treat TOTL tier headphones I’d say

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 6:25 AM Post #89 of 898
ZMF upgrade cables are made to order and can be terminated to suit your set-up at both the headphone and amp terminations ?

iStock-153699167_800_800_c1.jpg

My amp terminates in lightning iOS.

Is the Caldera MFI and OTG certified?

Nov 13, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #90 of 898
Can someone confirm if the VO/VC 500 deal is a flat 500 off the total or 500 off each headphone (-1000)? I have seen both interpretations and wanna be sure.

Verite Bundle Discount: If you bundle a VO and a VC of any type, we will discount the purchase of the two headphones by $500 USD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back