ZMF BOKEH - Closed Back (Semi-Portable)
Apr 20, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #2,281 of 2,351
Hey guys, I have both the Atticus & Eikon from OG days and never got past powering them with solid state amps & hybrids like by Schiit, and BY FAR I prefer the Eikon ... where would you say the Bokeh would fall comparatively if I'm powering with a moondrop dongle or just out of a laptop or phone?
Sonically it’sa mix of both, but I’d say leaning towards Eikon. It’s faster than both with more air. The Eikon has more ultra low sub bass but the Bokeh has more mid bass. It’s more efficient than either of the 300ohm models, but does scale nicely with power. I’m not familiar with that dongle but I tested it with just my iPhone and it’s loud enough but soft sounding, needing more power to come alive dynamically. On a dragonfly red it tightens up noticeably and sounds quite good. Moving up to either a Jot 2 or Midgard further tightens up the sound and adds more dynamic range. But the dragonfly was very enjoyable honestly, more than I was expecting. So low power isn’t a death sentence for it.

Apr 20, 2024 at 9:01 PM Post #2,282 of 2,351
been using the Limba Wood version of the bokeh since canjam as I got it on the spot. Never go about doing a full review yet but initial impression is for general enjoyment, it’s pretty good. Clean sound, good bass and generally natural tone with very little close back boom. I personally prefer it slightly more than my Verite close if it’s for general enjoyment.

It’s also easy to drive , my portable mass kobo can drive it really well.

Overall it’s my fav close back for headphone around the 1k region

31534C1D-533A-4A1C-BF95-486DD8726D7F.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 10:54 PM Post #2,284 of 2,351
been using the Limba Wood version of the bokeh since canjam as I got it on the spot. Never go about doing a full review yet but initial impression is for general enjoyment, it’s pretty good. Clean sound, good bass and generally natural tone with very little close back boom. I personally prefer it slightly more than my Verite close if it’s for general enjoyment.

It’s also easy to drive , my portable mass kobo can drive it really well.

Overall it’s my fav close back for headphone around the 1k region

Love that natural limba wood.

Apr 21, 2024 at 4:45 AM Post #2,285 of 2,351
Apr 21, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #2,286 of 2,351
Had the same initial reaction when I first saw the natural limba, but since getting the ruby, I’m pretty happy with the original look. Curious to see what other options the future holds 😊

Apr 21, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #2,288 of 2,351
Just wondering if the Bokeh carry case is still going to be available for sale separately soon…. Thanks!

I believe the goal is to have these up on the site next week. There's a bit of flurry of activity at the moment in the land of ZMF, but rest assured they are coming.

Apr 21, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #2,290 of 2,351
Blues rock sounding so good on the Bokeh. Love the kick drum, lead and bass guitar combinations on these Black Keys tracks:

Apr 22, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #2,292 of 2,351
Great to hear! Do you know when the second batch Bokehs will start shipping?

The second batch will start shipping next week.

If you have an order in, the best thing to do is to email support@zmfheadphones.com and check specifically on that order. For new orders, we're currently quoting 4-12 weeks from the time the order is placed.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 12:00 AM Post #2,294 of 2,351
I'm very interested of Bokeh, but I will with for Amirm's review, I bought Aeolus on impressions from this forum and it was a mistake I don't want to make again.
Just my useless 2c but I wouldn't base any decisions on that idio....individual. :) You'd be better off telling the forum here what you're looking for sonically, with reference to other headphones you like, and we might be able to help you determine if the Bokeh (or any ZMF) could be right for you. Sorry if you're a fan of that site and ideology, I just don't understand audio reviews that are based on what the eyes, not ears, tell the reviewer.

Apr 23, 2024 at 12:15 AM Post #2,295 of 2,351
Just my useless 2c but I wouldn't base any decisions on that idio....individual. :) You'd be better off telling the forum here what you're looking for sonically, with reference to other headphones you like, and we might be able to help you determine if the Bokeh (or any ZMF) could be right for you. Sorry if you're a fan of that site and ideology, I just don't understand audio reviews that are based on what the eyes, not ears, tell the reviewer.
I agree completely. Just take a look at the comments on the Caldera Review and you will see his and many followers absolute commitment to the Harman target. Any deviations from the target are considered "errors", that of course he can fix with their EQ. Yes, maybe a majority like the sound of the Harman target but it is only a starting point and not the end point. How a headphone sounds and allows you to enjoy the music really does matter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back