ZMF Auteur Thread
Aug 17, 2022 at 5:35 PM Post #6,796 of 8,390
how are you guys getting your upgrades it says ''coming soon'' on the website?

edit: I need to upgrade my blackwood Auteur as well :frowning2:
Email inquiry to support might be the way to go. There were limited slots for upgrade, there may be openings left, let them know you are interested... My best guess only...

Aug 17, 2022 at 5:38 PM Post #6,798 of 8,390
how are you guys getting your upgrades it says ''coming soon'' on the website?

edit: I need to upgrade my blackwood Auteur as well :frowning2:
When the upgrade was opened up, @zach915m indicated that they would do a batch first (IIRC 20 sets) to see how long it took -- I guess that way he felt he could better estimate wait/delivery times.

They're probably still working on finishing that first batch.

(This is why I jumped.)

Aug 17, 2022 at 5:46 PM Post #6,799 of 8,390
When the upgrade was opened up, @zach915m indicated that they would do a batch first (IIRC 20 sets) to see how long it took -- I guess that way he felt he could better estimate wait/delivery times.

(This is why I jumped.)
Oh nice, I wasn't in the know since I was actually going to sell my Auteur. Guess it will stay with me forever now :dt880smile:

Aug 17, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #6,800 of 8,390

(This is why I jumped.)
Ok I see. Is that what you did to get yours?
What @LCMusicLover wrote...

PS IMHO Auteur OG likely > future unobtainium...

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 6:14 PM Post #6,801 of 8,390
What @LCMusicLover wrote...

Yes, just one more reason I vacillated before upgrading. However, just like the Good Witch said at the end of Wizard of Chicago:

Just click your heels together three times and repeat ... In Zach we Trust ...In Zach we Trust ... In Zach we Trust ... :)

Aug 17, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #6,802 of 8,390
Aug 17, 2022 at 6:34 PM Post #6,803 of 8,390
You guys just made me spray my snack, thankfully hot tubes were not in range! :thinking: :relaxed:

Aug 17, 2022 at 7:56 PM Post #6,804 of 8,390
Upgraded Blackwood Auteur have returned home
As the owner of a blackwood Aeolus, I just have to interject: those of us who have blackwood ZMF headphones are the luckiest of the lucky. Blackwood is a spectacular wood, sonically & physically. IMO it's the best headphone wood ever...

Aug 17, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #6,805 of 8,390
I'm not sure if this plan will be popular around here or not, but I'm going to keep the $400 that I could use to upgrade my Auteur and put it towards a future purchase of an Atrium.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 8:32 PM Post #6,806 of 8,390
☑️ Auteur Original may decline in value for a short time as the upgrades to Auteur Classic occur. The stature of Auteur Original as a landmark headphone achievement itself will likely set its value on a rising trajectory thereafter. If one wants Auteur Classic, purchase Auteur Classic 🤔🤷🏻‍♂️.

Aug 17, 2022 at 9:56 PM Post #6,807 of 8,390
I'm not sure if this plan will be popular around here or not, but I'm going to keep the $400 that I could use to upgrade my Auteur and put it towards a future purchase of an Atrium.
The Atrium is an amazing headphone. Upgrade Auteur vs purchase Auteur: either way, you can't lose.

Aug 17, 2022 at 10:13 PM Post #6,808 of 8,390
The Atrium is an amazing headphone. Upgrade Auteur vs purchase Auteur: either way, you can't lose.
Or, be an idiot like me and do both.

Aug 17, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #6,809 of 8,390
As the owner of a blackwood Aeolus, I just have to interject: those of us who have blackwood ZMF headphones are the luckiest of the lucky. Blackwood is a spectacular wood, sonically & physically. IMO it's the best headphone wood ever...
*Ding Dong*

"Yes, who is it?"

"It is I, Cocobolo! I would like a word with you, sir!!!"

Aug 17, 2022 at 11:21 PM Post #6,810 of 8,390
*Ding Dong*

"Yes, who is it?"

"It is I, Cocobolo! I would like a word with you, sir!!!"
I’m looking forward to comparing … as soon as my Cocobolo Atrium make it out of Assembly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back