1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Auteur Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by PacoTaco, Oct 15, 2017.
First

Back
189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198
200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209
Next

Last
  1. gLer
    Interesting, I wonder if it’s not source related, or track related. My Wenge Auteur is many things but sibilant isn’t one of them. I’d therefore never expect to hear sibilance on a Blackwood or Coco, which is an even harder wood. I use the Auteur pads, a custom Canare cable and a NOS R2R dac/amp.

2. felix3650
    Not even the least sibilant on my Blackwood model and I have a R-2R dac/amp too.

3. mwhals
    Exactly the same for me too even down to the the wood choice.

4. L0rdGwyn
    In fact it is! It's the Crackatwoa, BH's upgraded Crack with a shunt regulated power supply and larger transformer. I added their stepped attenuator and some Mundorf output caps. It doesn't get a lot of press on HF, but with some killer tubes it's a fantastic amp, well-paired with ZMF's.

jinxy245 and Focux like this.
  5. L0rdGwyn
    Is it weird to smell your headphones every time you put them on? Asking for a friend.

My friend loves the smell of cocobolo, by coincidence.

jinxy245 likes this.
  6. felix3650
    Nope :relaxed:
    Mine smell pretty good out of the wooden carrying box and I do smell them from time to time haha

L0rdGwyn and ksorota like this.
  7. donato
    just some initial pix of my blackwoods

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The placement (my desk is a disaster) and lighting (shadows, weird light sources) were terrible where I took these, but thank goodness for full frame sensors, image stabilization, and adobe lightroom.

8. Velozity

Very nice! Which Woo amp are you using?

9. donato
    WA22

10. Pharmaboy
    Normally I go for blackwood over any other wood for this HP--but these coco's are flat-out stunning. Color me green with envy!

L0rdGwyn likes this.
  11. Pharmaboy
    I do believe we have a marathon runner in our midst...

12. Wheel Hoss
    Coco is the most visually stunning wood I’ve ever seen (including Brazilian rosewood imo).

I’ve seen some Cocobolo guitars at Rudy’s here in NYC that were almost painful to behold.

jinxy245 likes this.
  13. L0rdGwyn
    Judging by your avatar, I think someone beat me to it :wink:

jinxy245 and Pharmaboy like this.
  14. NoName1
    I have a set of coco Atticus and every now and then I take them off just to look at them.

zach915m and Wheel Hoss like this.
  15. Wheel Hoss
    ^^^

Do the same with my Indian Rosewood Froggy Bottom P-12 Deluxe!

When I brought her home 14 years ago, she smelled like the flower of her namesake.

zach915m and Wildcatsare1 like this.
First

Back
189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198
200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209
Next

Last