1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ZMF Auteur Thread

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by PacoTaco, Oct 15, 2017.
First

Back
165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
Next

Last
  1. ProfFalkin
    Beyer treble will murder you, for starters. Hehe

2. jmk720
    Nope!

koven likes this.
  3. ProfFalkin
    Well, there you go then.

I think the Auteur has better overall FR. It sounds smooth to me, whereas the T1 always had a peaky aspect to it I couldn't get along with. Just sounds rough from track to track. Mostly in the treble. Auteur definitely has the better midrange. Both are about equal on how open they sound, to me. Beyer is a brand I always wanted to like so much, but could never get over the homicidal treble.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    KcMsterpce and jinxy245 like this.
  4. LCMusicLover
    Well, they killed me :)

Your ears, my ears.

I was very disappointed -- bought T1g2 and really hoped I'd love them. But they literally hurt my ears after like 20 minutes. Sold after maybe 5 hours of listening. And they were purchased used, so there was no burn-in needed. Much worse than the slight treble issue I've had with Utopia. Maybe tubes would have solved the problem, who can say?

Back to your original question:

From memory, Auteur are not as bright as T1, more bass extension and impact, more neutral. Probably close to just as dynamic/energetic as T1.

But there's like a 2 year gap between my owning T1 and Auteur, so take with a bushel of salt.

ProfFalkin likes this.
  5. heliosphann
    I had a late gen1 T1 and as I remember it wins weight/comfort, soundstage and treble extension. Probably pretty equal in detail retrieval and imaging, although that's a bit harder without directly comparing them. They're also a lot cheaper too. Everything else I'd go with the Auteur on. But honestly, I don't think they really even belong in the same class/discussion.

jmk720 likes this.
  6. ProfFalkin
    Yep.

Wes S likes this.
  7. LoryWiv
    I guess you had Beyer's remorse. :triportsad:

8. LCMusicLover
    Groan :smirk:

9. jinxy245

Don't pay attention to this guy, he's a little too Shure of himself :ksc75smile:

As far as ZMF, for me it's also about patronizing a small business..I'd much rather spend my $$ where it makes a difference when possible.
    Not to mention that just about every ZMF I've heard fits my sonic preferences to a "T". Put the 2 together, and the decision is easy for me. The funds are another matter, but worth it IMO.
    I'm going to have the opportunity to have an Auteur on loan, and I am very much looking forward to it.

10. heliosphann
    jinxy245 likes this.
  11. Monsterzero
    Im a bit late to be able to add anything of value to this thread,but my gawd!

Listening to Pink Floyd The Wall thru the Auteur...

So damn beautiful.

And no,the T1 doesnt even come close to this.

Phantaminum, whirlwind and jinxy245 like this.
  12. Phantaminum
    I thought they were great headphones but didn’t enjoy them as much as my HD650s at first. Paired it up with the MCTH and a 6c8g tube, I was floored from the holographic stage. Finally found a tube combination that works extremely well with in the GOTL and now I’m always reaching for them. It does so many things right and does little wrong. The only fault I can give them is its speed. That can be mitigated through the chain.

13. Monsterzero
    To whet your appetite,the Verite with Universe pads takes the holographic part and kicks it up to eleven! The Auteur to my ears is wider and has more air,but im using different tubes for both,so that may have somewhat of an impact.
    Tonight its Bladerunner 2049 OST....So good on Auteur!

calebthelion and jinxy245 like this.
  14. Phantaminum
    The Bladerunner 2049 is fantastic! It's been a while since a movie enthralled as much as the original Blade Runner. Atmospheric and well mastered. I think I'll sit down today after work and go through it all. Thanks for the reminder.

Are you using brighter tubes with the Verites compared to the Auteurs?

15. felix3650
    You should try the Crysis 2 videogame soundtrack too. Quite impressive on the Auteur. Hans Zimmer is a first rate when it comes to game and movie music scores :)

First

Back
165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
Next

Last