Zishan Z4 - DAP with Dual DAC ES9038Q2M | Dual AMP OPA1622 | USB 32-bit + DSD | Bluetooth LDAC 24-bit | Balanced 2,5/4,4 | LO/PO 3,5mm
Dec 28, 2021 at 8:02 AM Post #393 of 620
How does this compare to btr5 sound wise. I can't really make up my mind because my phone doesn't have a lot of storage so it would make sense to get a dap but I just want stuff to work well.
Z4 does not do transmission (to your BT devices). I made that mistake.
I have BTR3 only (BT 4.2). Both BTR3 and Z4 can drive all my IEMs, but Z4 can drive my 80ohm cans. Z4 sounds clean and analytical , BTR3 is opposite.

Dec 28, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #394 of 620
Can someone confirm buttons is repaired in latest Z4?
It's working smooth without any problems?
Sorry for not responding, I still can't open my Z4 yet.

Anyway, the buttons work fine. I'd say that they are still on the hard side, but no problems pressing them -- you can even feel the click pressing them.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #397 of 620
@senegalas I hope someone with better experience can help You.
Looks like XS04 have similar concept to Zishan. Better LCD and buttons for sure :)
I'm not sure it's working as USB DAC as well. Maybe just contact with seller. USB connection and must have 24-bit DAC or more.

Z4 was made as all in one device with nice balanced amp option but I can't recommend it. When I will be sure buttons will work flawlessly in last versions.

DSDs don't have buttons problems but have USB DAC problems - it's pretty useless as USB DAC. So if You want to use it as player with 3,5mm headphones DSDs looks better.

It's always a good question about Zishans - What's a difference - sometimes I have trouble to explain :sweat_smile:
Best way is just go for 2 device, Zishan Z3 and Zishan U1 separate for price performance ratio. Same price as DSDs or Z4.
Both use ESS9038 DAC.
In Z3 You can swap amplifiers as well as DSDs. DSDs sound better than Z3 but not as much difference.
U1 is like Zishan DSDs for USB only and sound very close too.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 9:37 AM Post #399 of 620
@senegalas I hope someone with better experience can help You.
Looks like XS04 have similar concept to Zishan. Better LCD and buttons for sure :)
I'm not sure it's working as USB DAC as well. Maybe just contact with seller. USB connection and must have 24-bit DAC or more.

Z4 was made as all in one device with nice balanced amp option but I can't recommend it. When I will be sure buttons will work flawlessly in last versions.

DSDs don't have buttons problems but have USB DAC problems - it's pretty useless as USB DAC. So if You want to use it as player with 3,5mm headphones DSDs looks better.

It's always a good question about Zishans - What's a difference - sometimes I have trouble to explain :sweat_smile:
Best way is just go for 2 device, Zishan Z3 and Zishan U1 separate for price performance ratio. Same price as DSDs or Z4.
Both use ESS9038 DAC.
In Z3 You can swap amplifiers as well as DSDs. DSDs sound better than Z3 but not as much difference.
U1 is like Zishan DSDs for USB only and sound very close too.
From this review it seems like xs04 is a better pick. Also it has gain options while with z4 I will be stuck with 880mw all the time
Screenshot_20211229-163701.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #401 of 620
From this review it seems like xs04 is a better pick. Also it has gain options while with z4 I will be stuck with 880mw all the time
It is possible, looks good. Z4 don't have gain option but is not an issue, is buttons are the pain for sure.
Check if XS04 have full support to USB-DAC without latency for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back