Zishan Z4 - DAP with Dual DAC ES9038Q2M | Dual AMP OPA1622 | USB 32-bit + DSD | Bluetooth LDAC 24-bit | Balanced 2,5/4,4 | LO/PO 3,5mm
Jul 31, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #49 of 620
So no it’s a Microcontroller or Microprocessor with dual core, it’s a standalone microprocessor with an RTOS and microcontroller dedicated for USB to I2C.
Yes You are right but it's looks like that in upper right corner. This 2 rings showing CPU and Controller load.
Better picture:
- Right green ring showing utilisation when for example MP3/AAC is decoding. This is software not hardware as DSD or FLAC who utilize CPU noticeable less.
- Left orange ring showing controller load like receiving data from SD, USB or BT.

FB_IMG_1627642853909.jpg

Photo © Fe Lix Ramearez

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2021 at 7:44 AM Post #50 of 620
@SomeEntityThing if You can wait 1-2 weeks for more feedback about Z4 it would be best.
You have nice 16 ohm IEMs, if Zishan will have ~100 ohm output impedance it would be mistake.
Even for 32 ohm full sized headphones that big impedance is not good.

I have answer from Zishan about output impedance and its 2 ohm :D
Only 2 Ohms, is it true? It would be great if it were.
Unfortunately, my Z4 will arrive on Monday or Tuesday while I'll be working all week 600km from home. I won't be able to test it until Saturday. It will be a weekend to check certain measurements....

Jul 31, 2021 at 8:10 AM Post #51 of 620
Only 2 Ohms, is it true? It would be great if it were.
Unfortunately, my Z4 will arrive on Monday or Tuesday while I'll be working all week 600km from home. I won't be able to test it until Saturday. It will be a weekend to check certain measurements....
I have information from Zishan boss.
But Chinese is really bad to translations.
IMG_20210731_140731~2.jpg

Aug 1, 2021 at 2:48 AM Post #52 of 620
Found this neat little unboxing video of the Z4, in Thai. It is actually more than an unboxing - it demonstrates UI navigation and briefly tests some features such as Bluetooth and being connected as a USB DAC

UI nav doesn't seem all that bad to me. Will need to get used to not having side buttons for volume again (I am reminded of my AGPtek A02 days from back in high school lol!) but as I plan to use this at home instead of on the go I can set aside some general grievances when it comes to quickly getting my music up the way I like it.

Aug 2, 2021 at 6:27 AM Post #54 of 620
"Hi Guys,
US $15 Coupon for Zishan Z4
Discount code→ R033SPON1TCM , Limited 30 friends !
Using Dual ES9038Q2M DAC chip and adopt the latest QCC5125 Bluetooth 5.1 module
Welcome to buy."

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrPUBlp
Seller inform me that promotion is over for now. To many Z4 orders they are waiting for more stock from Zishan.

Aug 2, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #55 of 620
@HashSlingingSlasher from Audiogon community found new feature.
Transfer files into SD card using Charging port.
IMG_2021-08-03-01-03-17-952.jpgunknown-1.png
Device must be connected using Charging port to Windows device and all features like BT or Player should be turn off to prevent errors.

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #56 of 620
Seller inform me that promotion is over for now. To many Z4 orders they are waiting for more stock from Zishan.
Hopefully my July 29th order got in under the wire and won't be delayed because they are out of stock. :thinking:

Aug 3, 2021 at 3:25 AM Post #57 of 620
Hopefully my July 29th order got in under the wire and won't be delayed because they are out of stock. :thinking:
They are not out of stock just too good offer to keep promotion.

For well known brands You need to spend few times more $$$ to have that spec.
For example New HiBy R6 costs 800$ and have similar spec, plus Android onboard.

All we need to have is comparision to similar devices to prove quality of Z4.
DSDs had high-end specification too but due to some mistakes in design and not good headphone amp section can't compare to best brands with top tier equipment.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #59 of 620
Maybe NiceHCK does have a new firmware ? anybody knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back