Zishan Z4 - DAP with Dual DAC ES9038Q2M | Dual AMP OPA1622 | USB 32-bit + DSD | Bluetooth LDAC 24-bit | Balanced 2,5/4,4 | LO/PO 3,5mm
Sep 11, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #304 of 620
I found interesting and quite similar to Z4 in design player.
Click
Link does not seem to work…. What is it?
This
I found interesting and quite similar to Z4 in design player.
Click
Link does not seem to work…. What is it?
This Quloos QA361 has been around for quite some time (2019?). The design is indeed interesting, but at this price point, there are many excellent DAPs and I think it looses the Zishan DIY mod. magic! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
The recent F.Audio XS04 may be closer to the Zishan spirit, but if one complains about Zishan firmware, wait to see F.Audio ones 😂😂😂 I hope they’ve improved!

Sep 11, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #305 of 620
This Quloos QA361 has been around for quite some time (2019?). The design is indeed interesting, but at this price point, there are many excellent DAPs and I think it looses the Zishan DIY mod. magic! :ksc75smile::ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
The recent F.Audio XS04 may be closer to the Zishan spirit, but if one complains about Zishan firmware, wait to see F.Audio ones 😂😂😂 I hope they’ve improved!
Super capacitor 2x470000uF AMP rail it's really overkill 1000 times. I'm just wondering where "snake oil" starts.
Multiple LDO's and true separate digital-analog pot just got me.

Sep 11, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #307 of 620
you are wondering where the snake oil starts?

hehe.

it also appears to be a blatant copy of the cayin N6 / N8 players. Cayin are not shy about publishing information on their designs (and although OTT and $$$$ the engineering appears sound) but I have not seen any measurement result of the cayin TOTL players to confirm objective performance and many times DAPs fall short, due to interference and problems with compact PCB layout.

I cant see how it bares any relationship to the Z4 personally. It s different in almost every way possible. there is too much to comment on wrt their marketing, but honestly with that google-translate, it hardly makes any sense at all, so its difficult for me to comment.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #308 of 620
you are wondering where the snake oil starts?

hehe.

it also appears to be a blatant copy of the cayin N6 / N8 players. Cayin are not shy about publishing information on their designs (and although OTT and $$$$ the engineering appears sound) but I have not seen any measurement result of the cayin TOTL players to confirm objective performance and many times DAPs fall short, due to interference and problems with compact PCB layout.

I cant see how it bares any relationship to the Z4 personally. It s different in almost every way possible. there is too much to comment on wrt their marketing, but honestly with that google-translate, it hardly makes any sense at all, so its difficult for me to comment.
Yes, it was "a joke" about very similar looks and one same size PCB layout. Multiply opa1622, LDO's and crazy amount of capacitance from super capacitors.
In desktop audio where interference from AC/DC can be filtered by a big amount of capacitors, maybe it's quite useful.
I love portable audio because it's portable, my first player was a cassette Walkman in 1996 it was not so expensive and works grate.
Nowadays, we have so much ridiculous expensive"luxury" stuff and "better" audio format like MQA who is only a marketing pumped by Tidal.

I have some time nowadays, so I decided to learn "how to" stuff can be examinee and don't cost $$$$.
My goal is to design in the future a portable player and share it like an open source project or sell it as assembled with possible customization.

Sep 13, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #310 of 620
Sep 13, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #311 of 620
Sep 14, 2021 at 6:46 AM Post #314 of 620
Hi guys!
In your Z4 the last second of the song has a little cut? If i am listenen to a live album that is very annoying because has a second of silence between tracks and I notice that if a track ends at the very last second this time is cut off too.

I am using the V0.1 firmware with BT correction.

Thank you all!

Sep 14, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #315 of 620
Thank you for your kindness :wink:
We are waiting for expansion board, They can't tell if other USB-C to Coaxial Spdif working.
Hi guys!
In your Z4 the last second of the song has a little cut? If i am listenen to a live album that is very annoying because has a second of silence between tracks and I notice that if a track ends at the very last second this time is cut off too.

I am using the V0.1 firmware with BT correction.

Thank you all!
Yes, there is no gap less playback on Zishans DSDs and Z4 i dont know about other models.
It's like 1-second delay between files, unless You use "one album" per "one FLAC" and .CUE song table.
Maybe will be support in next firmware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back