Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Jul 16, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #5,836 of 6,090
I ordered the Tenores from Amazon and received them last week.  If I use the medium tips that came with them and place them far enough in my ears to get a complete seal, their sound is extremely bass heavy.  With a less than perfect seal, the balance is much better, with the smooth mids and highs nicely integrated with the bass. 
My ER4's require a complete seal to get decent bass response.  
DId I get one of the bass heavy ones?  Or are these made for shallow insertion?  With shallow insertion, they are still have more bass than the Ety's.

Jul 16, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #5,837 of 6,090
  I ordered the Tenores from Amazon and received them last week.  If I use the medium tips that came with them and place them far enough in my ears to get a complete seal, their sound is extremely bass heavy.  With a less than perfect seal, the balance is much better, with the smooth mids and highs nicely integrated with the bass. 
DId I get one of the bass heavy ones?  Or are these made for shallow insertion?  With shallow insertion, they are still have more bass than the Ety's.

There is probably more bass than the ER4's but I wouldn't call them bass heavy (I hate having too much bass) The bass is present and tight, and well integrated. I use Comply t200's, you could give them a shot.
Your impression is what I call and could be the burn in effect. These are very different from the ETY's and you are not used to the sound of the Tenore's

Jul 17, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #5,839 of 6,090
  Thanks. 
I'll let them burn in for a while.  It's actually nice to get good bass without needing to insert 5mm from my brain like with the ER4's.

They don't need burn in, but you do ! At least that's what I tried to write down on my previous post.

Jul 19, 2016 at 1:37 AM Post #5,840 of 6,090

The beauty of the carbo tenores is that you don't have to stuff them too far into your ears in order to get a proper tonal balance.   Full bass is achieved without discomfort.  They are my "goto" pair when I want to fall asleep to music.

Jul 19, 2016 at 5:29 AM Post #5,841 of 6,090

You might consider the front-mod I described here (for the FX850, but works just as well for the Tenores). I like it a lot with bass heavier Tenores.

Aug 5, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #5,847 of 6,090
Their poor cable quality/strength has been stressed before, and I bought both Tenore and Basso to check how good they sound for the money. And the sound is good definitely for around 30 quid. BUT my Bassos have broken within one month, even with me being careful! So I would say stay away from these, unless you like throwing money away. Manufacturer SHOULD pay attention to customers' complaints and update the design on these otherwise very good and competitive earphones models.  

Aug 5, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #5,848 of 6,090
  Their poor cable quality/strength has been stressed before, and I bought both Tenore and Basso to check how good they sound for the money. And the sound is good definitely for around 30 quid. BUT my Bassos have broken within one month, even with me being careful! So I would say stay away from these, unless you like throwing money away. Manufacturer SHOULD pay attention to customers' complaints and update the design on these otherwise very good and competitive earphones models.  

I've used my set of Tenores most days for the past two years, and they're practically as good as new.

Aug 5, 2016 at 12:56 PM Post #5,850 of 6,090
They have hopefully update the quality. The white Tenore is just now being released among the other 4 new IEMs from Zero Audio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back