Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
May 29, 2016 at 6:33 AM Post #5,821 of 6,090
 thanks for that, sounds fair. I might have to go with tenore's they seem to be more versatile. Any known "hacks" to improve their durability?

Actually yeah. They are very durable, but the cable protector is not.

That image is not what actually happens to the Tenore's. What gets broken in the Tenore's is the protector, not the cable, the left thing up there, which starts to have a crack/fissure after 2 months or so. The fix is really easy and works like a charm. You just have to super glue it, and that's it. Do it when you see a fissure. Bought mines  October 2015, fissure appeared in December, I super glued them and 'till now they are great, not a single problem. And if you look at the repaired zone, it does not look as if it has been repaired.

Great thanks for that. I'll definitely do it. You got a pic of it just to make sure I know what you mean? I think I might also put some heatshrinks on the cable in places that could use some support.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

May 31, 2016 at 7:14 PM Post #5,822 of 6,090
I was in Japan last week and after having a chance to audition many, many, high end JVC and Audio Technica IEMs, I picked these.  The wooden housing JVCs and ATH's sounded so muddy with no focus except on bass compared to these.

The only IEMs I liked more than these were the Sony XBA Z5s, but they come in at almost 20 times the price.

May 31, 2016 at 8:48 PM Post #5,823 of 6,090
  The only IEMs I liked more than these were the Sony XBA Z5s, but they come in at almost 20 times the price.

From what I've read, the Z5's are definitely the bomb. But like you said.... $$$$$$

I'm torn between the two, I listen to lots of different genres but drum and bass being the main one. Should I just go with basso for all the sub-bass? How do basso's do as an overall IEM for every genres, neutral enough or bit colored?

Well, I've read many basso owners that listen to "low-frequenced" music prefer the Tenores. With Tenores you can't go wrong. But I don't know if Basso's are the ones for you, but read what I've just typed.

I'd agree. The Tenores still have nice bass and sound more balanced and "audiophile". Switching back to the basso's, the bass sounds somewhat boomy/bloated. I do have issue with both the basso's and tenores QC (bassos' have driver flex, tenores drivers died on me three times), but if you don't have those issues, then the tenores are a good option.

Having said that, my favorite iems (because I don't have the Z5's lol) are the KC06A's and the Titan1's. Then again, I mostly listen to headphones and VE earbuds these days (I just don't much like things jammed in my ears), so I'm out of the loop on recent iem offerings.

Jun 6, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #5,826 of 6,090
  Can anyone compare these to similarly priced iems? Like not Z5s....

If you want more 'bleeding edge' budget recommendations (after all the Tenore is like 2+ years old now, thus ancient & totaly decrepit by some people's standards 
tongue.gif
)  I'd suggest going over recent posts on the Chinese IEM thread or the Discoveries thread, just beware the hype turnover is blindingly fast there (though justifiably so given pace of IEM production and ever-expanding and shrinking prices).

Jun 16, 2016 at 11:01 PM Post #5,827 of 6,090
I'm in Japan and I missed the tenore I sold when I heard it again that I bought one for myself. For all the budget iems I've heard the tenore is still king in my book

Jun 17, 2016 at 9:48 AM Post #5,828 of 6,090
Here's a common issue with the Tenore's:

I had to superglue that part because it was ripping off. It has happened in the 2 Tenore's I've ordered, so it's not a defective unit. The should improve and use a better rubber material and joint right there.

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #5,830 of 6,090
If you want more 'bleeding edge' budget recommendations (after all the Tenore is like 2+ years old now, thus ancient & totaly decrepit by some people's standards :p )  I'd suggest going over recent posts on the Chinese IEM thread or the Discoveries thread, just beware the hype turnover is blindingly fast there (though justifiably so given pace of IEM production and ever-expanding and shrinking prices).

2 years but still going strong in our ears, apart from mine of course. My washing machine murdered them, don't worry though it's been questioned and awaiting sentence. Released on bail for now.

Here's a common issue with the Tenore's:

I had to superglue that part because it was ripping off. It has happened in the 2 Tenore's I've ordered, so it's not a defective unit. The should improve and use a better rubber material and joint right there.

That's weird, I owned mine for over 2.5 years and didin't get this issue.

So I caved and bought them. What exactly is the effect of the MEElectronics M6 double-flanges on the tenores?

Extends the bass/midbass, makes the sound presentation fuller and more chunky.

Jul 1, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #5,831 of 6,090
What's up Andreas? Still with the Icons? As you can see in my sig I've done a lot of purchasing

Jul 8, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #5,832 of 6,090
What's up Andreas? Still with the Icons? As you can see in my sig I've done a lot of purchasing

Yeah man I've started enjoying my IEMs for longer periods, now that I've got the large Auvio tips for the Icons too I dont really see what could beat them for me.

You've been going a bit purchase crazy I see? How are those MusikMaker ones working out for you??

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #5,833 of 6,090
Yeah man I've started enjoying my IEMs for longer periods, now that I've got the large Auvio tips for the Icons too I dont really see what could beat them for me.

You've been going a bit purchase crazy I see? How are those MusikMaker ones working out for you??

Love them. Newest ones the T71 are pretty damn good

Jul 8, 2016 at 1:16 PM Post #5,834 of 6,090
Love them. Newest ones the T71 are pretty damn good

Yeah I've been looking at some MusicMaker KK-Ting, not sure if I'll get them tho

Jul 8, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #5,835 of 6,090
Yeah I've been looking at some MusicMaker KK-Ting, not sure if I'll get them tho

They have been getting good reviews. I haven't heard them I can vouch for the T71 though :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back