Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon & Aluminium IEM) thread
Apr 11, 2016 at 5:45 AM Post #5,776 of 6,090
well I recently bought the RHA T20i as an upgrade and the sound was obviously better but I wanted a bigger improvement in sound quality.

I pre ordered the vibro labs Aria this week. Theres a review on here of them if you ain't familiar with them.

When ai had the T20 and directly compared to the ex650 It was apparent how dark and tinny sounding the ex650 were. Probably not the correct way to compare as it will make any differences more apparent

Yup I saw you mentioned the Aria in your previous post. Checked it out and it looks interesting, will look into it more when I have the time.
Well if you're looking for what personally suits you, there's no "proper way" to compare gear. There'll always be things you like and don't, so if comparing the T20i to the EX650 makes it clear what you don't like about the EX650, I don't see what the problem is. As long as your wallet can keep up.
And that's the problem all audio enthusiasts have... The cursed constant need to upgrade is real haha

Apr 11, 2016 at 6:39 AM Post #5,777 of 6,090
Yup I saw you mentioned the Aria in your previous post. Checked it out and it looks interesting, will look into it more when I have the time.
Well if you're looking for what personally suits you, there's no "proper way" to compare gear. There'll always be things you like and don't, so if comparing the T20i to the EX650 makes it clear what you don't like about the EX650, I don't see what the problem is. As long as your wallet can keep up.
And that's the problem all audio enthusiasts have... The cursed constant need to upgrade is real haha
the struggle is genuine lol

Apr 12, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #5,778 of 6,090
Searched the thread but haven't found a solution.  Are there any ear guides that would help the Carbo Tenore stay in place better especially while working out?  I currently use SE215 at the gym because they stay in no matter what.  

Apr 12, 2016 at 11:42 PM Post #5,779 of 6,090
  Searched the thread but haven't found a solution.  Are there any ear guides that would help the Carbo Tenore stay in place better especially while working out?  I currently use SE215 at the gym because they stay in no matter what.  

I personally wouldn't use them at the gym anyways, their durability is questionable and using in that kind of environment would probably speed it up

Otherwise, foam tip? My Spin Fits seem to be good and secure seal. 

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:02 AM Post #5,780 of 6,090

Tenore cable isn't especially thick so I think most of those silicone ear guides would fit.

Are you using a shirt clip? Tried some different tip sizes or types? Like foams or TDK Fit Ear- don't do much for me but might depending on ear shape (Obvious, I know, sorry... just had it happen to myself sometimes where I didn't even realize I wasn't using the best size just because I still got a seal & sound was fine).

If you like DIY could try to glom on some sugru into a stabilizing wing.

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:10 AM Post #5,781 of 6,090
Thanks for all the help guys.  Lurk650 is right in that they would probably just wear out and break under gym conditions.  It's not like I'm focusing on the music anyways.  

Apr 13, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #5,782 of 6,090
On the other hand could buy 3 Tenore for the price of a 215
very_evil_smiley.gif

If you don't mind the SQ compromise, looked at sports headphones at all? Lots of those have stability fins or earhooks.

Apr 13, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #5,783 of 6,090

Another solution since you prefer SE215 in gym, you can try Moxpad X90 Bluetooth. It has similar form factor with SE215 and has good enough sound quality for exercise use and when on the move. 
My own review if you are interested;
http://www.head-fi.org/products/moxpad-x90-hifi-wireless-bluetooth-4-1-dual-driver-in-ear-earphone-for-sport-running-with-studio-music-blue/reviews/15703

Apr 18, 2016 at 11:51 PM Post #5,784 of 6,090
Oh no.  Lent mine to a family member for a week and...dead.  
eek.gif
  Is anyone doing Tenore Repair?  I could try but as a first time would probably do a messy job.

Apr 19, 2016 at 11:15 AM Post #5,785 of 6,090
  Oh no.  Lent mine to a family member for a week and...dead.  
eek.gif
  Is anyone doing Tenore Repair?  I could try but as a first time would probably do a messy job.

$35 shipped same day Amazon Prime, cheap enough

Apr 24, 2016 at 11:00 PM Post #5,786 of 6,090
Im back with Tenore nowadays.. hahaha missed the smooth sound it produce

May 1, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #5,787 of 6,090
Not sure where these tips came from but they sound awesome on the Tenores. Been using Medium Auvios which sound pretty similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back