ZERO 24/192 DAC, Anyone heard of this DAC amp?
Dec 5, 2007 at 10:10 PM Post #61 of 113
It not acceptable in China but most people don't know how to get around it. They are desperate and often tired of working in the fields and seek employment in the "big" city thinking they will get a head. They don't, they just get trampled. I understand that most people until they have lived, smelled and eaten the life will not understand. So much the pity.

The Zero amp/dac seems to be a good buy. I would love to hear one. Hopefully everyone will benefit in one way or another.

Dec 5, 2007 at 10:40 PM Post #62 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamato8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Zero amp/dac seems to be a good buy. I would love to hear one. Hopefully everyone will benefit in one way or another.

Out of your previous posts on this thread, this was the only "contributing" statement you made. Come on, give us a break. We feel bad about crappy working conditions when we hear about them too! However, in THIS thread, we haven't heard of any poor working conditions pertaining to the Zero DAC/Amp. I sure wouldn't want anyone to miss out on a great audio bargin, because they thought "Maybe" they were built with substandard working conditions. Also, your statement above is correct. It is a really nice unit and I hope you and many others will grab one up.

Best Reguards,
Dave McLaughlin

Dec 6, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #63 of 113
Pretty close to making a decision and taking the plunge.. kinda need to eliminate the other choices on my short-list first though
smily_headphones1.gif

the Beresford, the Zero (and maybe?) the M-Audio Audiophile USB?

Dec 6, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #64 of 113
Man, between this and the other thread, you've got me anticipating a great DAC/preamp option for an affordable price! Thanks for biting the bullet for us and taking a risk on what has turned out to be a great purchase.

Oh, and hey, I don't think jamato8's comments were off-color. Jamato's comment is to the point and, at least for myself, doesn't come across as a killjoy on the thread. Sure, I don't want this thread to steer off topic either, so let's allow the statements to stand as they are, and continue (as Penchum's encouraged) the discussion of this great unit!
cool.gif

Dec 6, 2007 at 5:23 PM Post #65 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by ironman64 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, between this and the other thread, you've got me anticipating a great DAC/preamp option for an affordable price! Thanks for biting the bullet for us and taking a risk on what has turned out to be a great purchase.

Oh, and hey, I don't think jamato8's comments were off-color. Jamato's comment is to the point and, at least for myself, doesn't come across as a killjoy on the thread. Sure, I don't want this thread to steer off topic either, so let's allow the statements to stand as they are, and continue (as Penchum's encouraged) the discussion of this great unit!
cool.gif

Thanks for the kind words! I hope to hear your impressions if you pick up a Zero. I see newer folks saving lots of money with a unit like this. Keep us posted!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 7, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #66 of 113
As do I. If this system continues to receive positive attention, you're prediction may come true.

I do hope to give the Zero a spin. I had been looking at a Zhaulo for some time, but then this came along. Post-Dec. 25th, we'll see if I can't scrounge together some leftover dollars to snag one.

Dec 7, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #68 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i still think it looks like a cut down Zhaolu... someone needs to do a side by side with the Zhaolu

And the Beresford? (pretty-please, anyone?
wink.gif
)

Dec 7, 2007 at 3:26 PM Post #70 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i still think it looks like a cut down Zhaolu... someone needs to do a side by side with the Zhaolu

I think I saw someone else comment before about the similarities to the Zhaolu unit. I guess that is a good thing?
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 2:56 PM Post #71 of 113
Enough was enough - ordered one on Saturday from one of the two eBay fellows (Chan Chi Kwan aka 'Lawrence') £90 inc. delivery - they're £40 (excl. delivery) direct from Tianyun but Mr. Chan was the first to reply to my mails so he got the business - fast reply like that (and at the weekend too, plus the good eBay feedback) does inspire a lot of confidence, so I ordered from him just by asking him to send a paypal invoice
smily_headphones1.gif

The other thread mentions a transformer upgrade - might have to look into that and see if mine is the newer type or not... otherwise just childishly-overexcited now, waiting for it to turn up at work in the next week or two
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #72 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by dsmudger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Enough was enough - ordered one on Saturday from one of the two eBay fellows (Chan Chi Kwan aka 'Lawrence') £90 inc. delivery - they're £40 (excl. delivery) direct from Tianyun but Mr. Chan was the first to reply to my mails so he got the business - fast reply like that (and at the weekend too, plus the good eBay feedback) does inspire a lot of confidence, so I ordered from him just by asking him to send a paypal invoice
smily_headphones1.gif

The other thread mentions a transformer upgrade - might have to look into that and see if mine is the newer type or not... otherwise just childishly-overexcited now, waiting for it to turn up at work in the next week or two
biggrin.gif

A couple of others who have ordered from him in the last couple of days were told he is waiting to receive the upgraded units, to fill orders, so it should be a safe bet you will receive the upgrade unit. Oh Ya!
biggrin.gif

Dec 15, 2007 at 10:41 PM Post #73 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by unbiased /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I plan on modifying the chassis to add analog inputs and an input selector switch if I get it.

Unbiased, did you ever do these mods you talked about on your Zero?
Thanks!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #74 of 113
I'm bumping this thread so that everyone interested in or has purchased the Zero DAC/Amp can read additional information on it and to give proper thanks where thanks is due.

Thank you very much Unbiased and Turbo for peaking my interest in the Zero and your words of wisdom on it's preformance!
biggrin.gif
The Zero has proven itself to be a large on preformance and small on cost. One of our favorite combinations when we can find them.
wink.gif

Jan 7, 2008 at 3:56 AM Post #75 of 113
Hey Penchum, what was the delivery time from order date to delivery for both your Zero's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back