ZERO 24/192 DAC, Anyone heard of this DAC amp?
Oct 15, 2007 at 11:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 113

unbiased

100+ Head-Fier
I saw this DAC / Headphone amp listed on ebay for $150. It seems to be pretty decently build and designed. Anyone know anything about this or have experience with it? It is listed on ebay as:

ZERO 24/192 DAC D A CONVERTOR , HEAD FI AMP.

I am thinking of buying it while I wait for iBasso D1 to be in stock.
Actually I think I will just order it to try it out. It is pretty cheap and I need a DAC with coax and optical inputs right now. Chipsets used seem pretty decent. But I have no idea of how these chipsets rate against the latest more recent DAC chips. I plan on modifying the chassis to add analog inputs and an input selector switch if I get it.

Anyone ever tried this DAC/amp? I am not having much success using this forums search mechanism.

Oct 16, 2007 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 113
I haven't heard it; but like you, I keep seeing it pop up on ebay. Surprised no-one has snapped one of these up yet. Price is reasonable; but I wish the seller accepted Paypal echeck. If it wasn't for that, and the fact that I'm looking for a USB-Dac in the same price range, I'd have one by now!
wink.gif

Oct 16, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #3 of 113
01.jpg

02.jpg

013.jpg

Looks like a Zhaolu DAC 2.5
but hey, HEAD FI AMP?

Oct 16, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #6 of 113
Chinese Vase and Incense.

Oct 16, 2007 at 11:29 AM Post #12 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey20 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it the same internals as the Zhalou too? I wonder if Ori can mod this the same way as a OMZ

I can't say definitively, but based on pictures alone, it looks a bit simpler than a Zhaolu

Oct 23, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #13 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by d-cee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't say definitively, but based on pictures alone, it looks a bit simpler than a Zhaolu

Well I bit the bullet and bought it and it is on its way to me now. I ordered the iBasso D1 too but have not heard a word back from iBasso. So I guess this DAC/amp will arrive first for me to use. I am hoping it sounds great.

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #15 of 113
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedbird151 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, this had to happen sooner than later. The Chinese have been knocked off by themselves! Let us know how it sounds.

I just received it. It sounds fun, dark and bassy, due to the chip on it (AD1852). Almost like a tube amp. Burning-in as we speak. From the analog output, it drives my HD600 like a toy. Almost as powerful as my Darkvoice 332. At 9 o'clock (too loud), weird. What kind of animal is this?. mmm, mmmmmm........

Right now, listening Jean Luc Ponty, Le Voyage. Je, je...... Sound is very euphoric. Sound stage is huge. I don't feel this euphoric signature since my old M3. I don't want this weight over my shoulders. Is there anyone with this baby, that share?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back