Your phones and your style.
Sep 10, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
All right, first time posting here on head-phi,
But you all seem pretty educated to me.

So i'd like to ask more of an opinion based question.
Which headphone, or Brand of headphones do you believe have
the Coolest/More interesting "Style".

Granted a lot of people hear headphones and style
and jump to the idea of Skullcandy etc,
(I personally think they look gaudy)

But I recently ordered a pair of Koss Portapro,
and personally I think they have a very unique look, that maybe someone else might consider boring or bland.

So does quality have to mean lack of style?

Opinions please!

I personally like a "classy" wood finish. If I had a choice I'd choose the wood theme every time but sadly neither Sennheiser nor Beyerdynamics don't really take my personal opinion into considering (I know, shocking, right?). I mean Beyerdynamic does do customs but it's very expensive (I'm still considering it though :/) but nonetheless you don't always get what you want. Quality does not always mean lack of style, because it depends on your preferences. I personally like the way HD650s look but found that they weren't for me after some auditioning... but they're still "quality" headphones. Also, when in doubt, I go as dark a color as possible, just a personal preference.

Sep 10, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
I find my Beyers tend to match my sweatpants ... which is nice.

But seriously, if you care about sound buy some nice headphones. If you want something fashionable ... buy a purse.

I am sorry but i equate this notion of buying "in style" headphones to be very shallow. Who are you trying to impress?

No dude is going to get some tail because he has some custom ColorWare beats. And if he does ... i'd double bag it (if you catch my drift)

Just had a bottle of wine. I know I am being obnoxious. Please excuse my rant.

You're right of course, I would never buy phones simply based on looks.
But It does seem most high end phones are typically larger, mostly black styled.

I actually enjoy a little color with mine.
Impressing someone or not, its kind of cool being able to match your cans to your outfit.

Of course design should be used to improve quality,
But some times they come out interestingly stylish either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back