Your first eargasm...
Oct 5, 2011 at 10:41 AM Post #16 of 56
just finished ripping clapton unplugged = eargasm again. you can hear the creaks in the floorboards of the stage. I can now see why it is said by so many that voices through grados are so blooming marvelous...

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:13 PM Post #17 of 56
Grado 225i's via Total BitHead and MBPro > a 320K mp3 of Oscar Peterson playing the Cole Porter songbook. Every damn note, every breath... the rumble of the piano when he digs low... did you know he often hums along as he's playing? I didn't.

Amazing. 

Next, the first time I heard the Saint Saens Symphony 3 "Organ" - through the AKG 702's... each instrument given its own space to play in, every scrape of a fingernail on the strings... and the power and presence of the organ in the 4th movement - I gasped out loud - I was almost in tears. 

I'm sure my coworkers think I am insane. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:22 PM Post #18 of 56
2 years ago when i tried my cousin HD595's. I was really impressed by its performance, since then i'm more into headphones. (i always been a 2 channel speakers guy)

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:50 PM Post #20 of 56
I borrowed a coworker's Bose Triports and just flipped out with how great they sounded. No prior experience with headphones. I started doing research and found Head-fi! I wish I hadn't. I should have bought the damn Triports and gone on with my life. 
confused_face.gif

Honestly I couldn't be happier having grand sound to enjoy my music. And while Bose makes some pretty overpriced questionable products, it's their accessibility that launched my addiction.

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:52 PM Post #21 of 56
Bose is to headphilia what Harry Potter has proven to be for literature. 

An enjoyable, approachable starting point. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #22 of 56
if someone is interested enough in sound to drop that much cash on Bose headphones, it's beyond me why someone wouldn't do just a tad bit of research. I know I did and quickly became uninterested in Bose. 

Oct 5, 2011 at 1:59 PM Post #23 of 56
The first time I put the Pro 900 on my head and put on Above & Beyond's "Can't Sleep (ATB Remix)."  When the bass dropped... 
basshead.gif

Oct 5, 2011 at 2:24 PM Post #25 of 56
I should say, my *first* was probably when I was 10, sitting in my dad's library. Listening to Mussorsky's Pictures at an Exhibition (orchestral), through a set of Klipschorn's. I still get chills, thinking about it. 

Then upset that he sold them without asking me if I wanted to buy them off him (not that I have room for them) ... :frowning2:

Oct 6, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #26 of 56

Quote:
Bose is to headphilia what Harry Potter has proven to be for literature. 

An enjoyable, approachable starting point. 

i totally agree with this. the in ear phones are great fun to listen to. Just a really nice sound. Nothing special to write home about, but just a very pleasing feeling. I was just digging the comfort i gained over the er4ps. Ear rape. that's what the er4ps specialize in (although very clinical and detailed)

Oct 6, 2011 at 7:07 AM Post #29 of 56
when i first acquired my first 240 sextett about year ago from original owner who had them for over 30 years barely used and heard the Lion King OST for what it was for the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back