Your biggest headphones dissappointment?
Feb 22, 2006 at 1:23 AM Post #226 of 363
Shrill highs on the K340? Decent mids?
confused.gif

Oh well, to each his own.
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 1:29 AM Post #227 of 363
This is a fantastic thread! Cheers for all the criticisms
biggrin.gif

I guess I'll be sticking with my modded sr-80's for a while longer
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 1:41 AM Post #228 of 363
Sennheiser MX500 - The sound was boring and not even good. The fit was terrible in my ear.

Koss the Plug - The worst in Koss' lineup. What the hell were they thinking!

Shure E5 - I could not think of better way to waste $350. Muddy sounding, uncomfortable.

Super.fi 5 EB - It gets close enough to being as bad as Koss the Plug. So much bass that it gave me headaches.

Sony MR-V700DJ - Hailed as the DJ headphone, these were absolutely rubbish in terms of sound. They were bloated in the mid bass and lacking in highs. They also failed to isolate and it was made of cheap plastic.

Feb 22, 2006 at 1:43 AM Post #229 of 363
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox
It is the first question I ask when anyone is disatisfied with ANY iem. No need to get testy.
tongue.gif

did I sound testy?
eek.gif
sorry about that
icon10.gif
it just so happened that this is like the third or forth time i've been asked the same question. Let me guess...the next one should be "were they amped?"
tongue.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #231 of 363
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJGeorgeT
Shure E5 - I could not think of better way to waste $350. Muddy sounding, uncomfortable.

You took the words out of my mouth.
smily_headphones1.gif
I thought my pair was defective and was ready to return them for an exchange, until I got a chance to hear another pair from a local shop. I don't know what people see in these things.....

Feb 22, 2006 at 3:26 AM Post #232 of 363
Quote:

Originally Posted by calgary2800
Senn 650. Ugh. What a total letdown.

yeah the 650 was quite a let down when I first got it, but still bearable. Was expecting ALOT more from Sennheiser's flagship.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightfire
You took the words out of my mouth.
smily_headphones1.gif
I thought my pair was defective and was ready to return them for an exchange, until I got a chance to hear another pair from a local shop. I don't know what people see in these things.....

I kinda think all the Shure sounds that way....sound signature
rolleyes.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 3:42 AM Post #233 of 363
Shure E2's for me. It was my first set of upgraded headphones to replace my stock Apple earbuds. Although I was very happy at first, I soon grew quite disappointed with what my nearly $100 investment actually yielded in terms of improved sound quality. This isn't meant as a knock on the E2's, per se; rather, it's just a sad fact of head-fi existence that, as far as headphones are concerned in general, oftentimes $100 doesn't buy as much as you think it should. It turns out I had to spend more than twice that much to yield the quality of sound that I felt my original $100 should have produced. So I guess you could say that my biggest disappointment wasn't with the E2's as much as it was with the realization that I was in this for a whole lot more money that I first thought.

Feb 22, 2006 at 3:47 AM Post #234 of 363
well i have to say that my previous two purchases were dissappointing at first but i have gotten used to them and realized how decent they are.

Westone UM1's - First impressions -->my god these things sounded muddy everywhere. No detail whatsoever. $110 for this crap sound? - these were my very first IEM and i had only listened to sennheiser hd590's and audiotechnica a900's for a couple of years prior. I now realize that i guess these do sound decent for what they are.

Grado sr225 - These sounded very nice and i loved the sound but i was extremely dissappointed on how uncomfortable these were and to a point, still are. I knew before buying that these cans were not the most comfortable headphones on the market but i had no idea they would be this bad. I guess it turns out its just the way my ear is shaped that causes the discomfort. However, i have gotten a little used to them.

Feb 22, 2006 at 3:48 AM Post #235 of 363
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
My dissappointments:

R10, Edition 7, W5000, Qualia 010, HD6xx, HD5xx, HD4xx, Grado PS-1, Grado RS-1, AKG K1000, AKG K501, Shures, Etymotics, UE Super-Fi, UE Customs, and I'm sure some I'm forgetting

Pretty much everything I've ever heard has dissappointed me

They all have at least 1 really really really bad weakness
I'm just trying to find the least dissappointing phone and try to patch up the weakness

I wonder if you will ever like anything
biggrin.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 5:19 AM Post #238 of 363
Quote:

Originally Posted by PeeeMeS
My dissappointments:

R10, Edition 7, W5000, Qualia 010, HD6xx, HD5xx, HD4xx, Grado PS-1, Grado RS-1, AKG K1000, AKG K501, Shures, Etymotics, UE Super-Fi, UE Customs, and I'm sure some I'm forgetting

Pretty much everything I've ever heard has dissappointed me

They all have at least 1 really really really bad weakness
I'm just trying to find the least dissappointing phone and try to patch up the weakness

You must be a real hoot at parties.
tongue.gif
Is your user name your constant state of being?
wink.gif

Feb 22, 2006 at 5:34 AM Post #240 of 363
Quote:

... thats one heck of a "disappointment" list. o.0 headphones aren't for you I suppose?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back