Your audio nirvana
Jul 8, 2010 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

spickerish

100+ Head-Fier
I was reading a few other threads and it got me thinking what would be my perfect headphone experience. It would be great to see what the rest of you guys have as your audio nirvana.

Currently have: 

Home: PC --> Corda Cantate --> HD600 (w. cardas) / AKG K701

Portable: iPod Touch ---> Etymotic ER4P

My dream setups: 

Home: PC ---> Corda Opera ---> HD600 (w. cardas) / K701 / Grado RS1 / Beyerdynamic DT880

Portable: iPod Touch--> iBasso D2+ --> AT ESW9 / Shure SE535

I feel like my headphone setup is pretty complete, all thats missing is this mystical Grado sound, thats why I have the RS1 on the list. The DT880 is on there since I would also like to see what they sound like, a lot of people seem to prefer them over the K701 and HD600.
An amp upgrade would be great, so I will be looking for an Opera in the future. 

For my portable setup I would like a portable, closed headphone with great sound, hence the ESW9. I like the ER4P but I think I'm gonna upgrade, so I have the SE535on the list. And amplification would also be great. 

Seems like a good idea for a thread. What do you guys think?

And keep it realistic guys, K1000's and the Senn Orpheus isn't gonna happen for everybody. If only it was possible...
smile_phones.gif

Jul 8, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #2 of 6
For me I would go with...

Audeze LCD-2 with an audio-gd reference 1 and a phoenix 
atsmile.gif

Thats what I imagine audio nirvana is...

And I think the above is realistic as long as I don't get anyone pregnant... ever

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 6
My audiophile nirvana is very simple at this time:
Philips CD Player ($100) ---> PA2V2 amp ($60) ---> Grado SR60 ($69)
biggrin.gif

Big Bang for Money!
biggrin.gif

Quote::
I feel like my headphone setup is pretty complete, all thats missing is this mystical Grado sound, thats why I have the RS1 on the list.

OMG, Grados has addicting sounds!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back