You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #4,968 of 6,356
Quote:
When, speaking in front of an audience, you try to avoid sibilance.

And, when in front of a condenser mic without a pop filter, plosives.

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #4,969 of 6,356
When a band releases a revision for a song and you're so used to the old version that the new one bugs the **** out of you.

Additionally, when you notice every single change they made and can point them out instantly.

Dec 10, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #4,970 of 6,356
When the class watches a movie and you ask the teacher to turn down the bass because you find it very annoying to hear this vibrating noise coming out of the speaker when people are talking

Lol hey my voice is like that, last year someone said they felt the leg of their chair vibrating when I spoke. You should ask your teacher to get a low pass filter, that'll fix the problem.

Dec 10, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #4,971 of 6,356
Quote:
When a band releases a revision for a song and you're so used to the old version that the new one bugs the **** out of you.

Additionally, when you notice every single change they made and can point them out instantly.

It bothers me even more when it's a $#!+ remix of an album I know inside out, like they did with the Genesis remasters back in 2007-2008. Every one of them was compressed to hell, and the entire mix was redone on every album. True, they made a bunch of stuff stand out that never really called attention to itself before, but they also made all the instruments (particularly the keyboards) and vocal overdubs sound naked and confined to their (tiny) allotted spaces in the soundstage, which ruined the overall mood and balance of every single song in the 25+ year discography. That's at least twenty entire albums worth of material, not counting rarities, singles, EPs, the stuff on the two original box sets, and the several different versions of Three Sides Live. (I don't think they actually made a remastered/remixed version of any of the live releases or the first and last album, so at least those were spared).

You know you're an audiophile when something like a poor remix job of the entire discography of your favorite band gets you majorly upset.

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #4,973 of 6,356
It's even worse in the gaming world. In Need For Speed Most Wanted, The Who's Baba O'Riley and Won't get Fooled Again sounds like Sh!t. IT steps all over the songs and makes it appeal to the public. The remixer made Baba O'riley sound like a Daft Punk song, and Won't get fooled again into a b a s t a r d child of the mass effect 3 soundtrack

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:17 PM Post #4,974 of 6,356
Quote:
It's even worse in the gaming world. In Need For Speed Most Wanted, The Who's Baba O'Riley and Won't get Fooled Again sounds like Sh!t. IT steps all over the songs and makes it appeal to the public. The remixer made Baba O'riley sound like a Daft Punk song, and Won't get fooled again into a b a s t a r d child of the mass effect 3 soundtrack

As if their songs weren't already mangled by being the theme songs for the CSI shows......lol

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #4,975 of 6,356
Quote:

You know your an audiophile when you play the OLDER Nfs Most Wanted because the sound track DOESN'T SUCK AS BAD as that new load of crap you poor saps are buying <3

But I rarely ever listen to in game BGM... I always stream my own out of FooBar... you know your an audiophile when the in game lossy format of a BGM is replaced by muting the games lossy bgm and replacing it with FooBar playing the Lossless Verision of said BGM :D

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #4,977 of 6,356
Quote:
when you have home theater system and stereo system in one room. Not to mention your precious headphone gears at the other corner. 

Psh, that's not an audiphile thing I mean doesn't EVERY one have that ;3 

Only Audiophiles... or Audiophile bass heads discuss the differance in iem vs Supra Aural bass impact! 

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:41 PM Post #4,978 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when your portable rig has never left the confines of your home.

Dec 10, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #4,979 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when your portable rig has never left the confines of your home.

I often use a rig that others would call portable as strictly a home rig....and just use an ultraportable rig on the go.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #4,980 of 6,356
Quote:

You know you're an audiophile when the last time your primary cans have been outside your house, they were in their box in the UPS guy's hands. Almost two-and-a-half years ago.

They made their journey from Bozeman, Montana, and spent the first two hours of their playtime hooked up to a buzzy old receiver up in the loft. They gradually changed sources and migrated downstairs and all around the house. They even got packed up one time when I intended to take them to Chicago with me. But then the project I needed them for got cancelled, so I left them behind.

I was just thinking about this about a week ago. They've never left my house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back