1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330
332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341
Next

Last
  1. streetdragon
    oh thats good to hear then. (literally too)

2. kookoo
    Quote:

[​IMG]

3. streetdragon
    does humidity hurt my headphones too....? i hope not too much cause its like permanantly 80%+ here (typical of tropical weather)

4. kazaakas
    Quote:

That would never be allowed here, there's always a chance someone plays pre-recorded material with answers and stuff.
    Next to that I personally wouldn't ever be able to concentrate myself on the exam then

5. DefQon
    Dropping a lot of $$$ to upgrade all the signal path/power coupling/filtering capacitors in a few amp's your restoring to Elna's, BG's, Audio grade Nichicon's just so you can get that 1% of sound satisfaction.

6. streetdragon
    Quote:
    any forms of electronic devices are banned from any part of school at any time here[​IMG]

7. briskly
    Quote:

Only electrostatics. Attracts water condensate, which is obviously not good for it.

8. Mshenay
    Quote:
    Yeap, only at Head Fi lol

You know your an audiophile when you flush your pride dwn the toliet and talk to that guy who hates you[because he knows ur right] ... because you need his Digi Multi Meter... gonna roll some tubes... hope he brings it >.> or I have to w8 like a week for another friend to hook me up! 

9. takato14
    Quote:
    Guess I'm lucky then. I'm allowed to have any tech with me, and I'm allowed to do whatever on break time. I've even been permitted to use headphones during class itself with one earcup off.

10. Parall3l
    Quote:

Similar situation here. Allowed to have both earcups on in certain technology related classes.

11. takato14
    When you're constantly trying to get your friends/siblings to listen to your new headphones.

My brother objects all the time, but I win in the end. Trying to get my SA3000's on him at the moment; it's time he learns that metal and rock need great treble, not bass.

12. Mshenay
    Quote:
    Yes well I live in the SOuth East united states, where basically the stupidest most undereducated part of the US. so Thankfully know one cares to much, which allows the few some what intelligent people to enjoy life a little more. 

13. DGriff0400
    when you go on a diet,not to get in shape but to save money for audio.

14. AHorseNamedJeff
    When you know the word "electrostatic" from headfi before you learn about it in chemistry.

15. PinoyPogiman
    Quote:
    yea, im trying to teach my friends about Headfi.org if they need any headphone advice.

since lately i've been getting requests from friends to give them advice about which.

i always usually see Beats around here, only dealing with the b owners that brag them to me, and i justify my statements why they're wrong and why they arent worth the price.

grinds my gears much more when they dare bring my precious Grado's to the equation

First

Back
321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330
332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341
Next

Last