You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #4,952 of 6,356
Quote:
summer heat?? its -30 outsi-oh sydney, carry on

L3000.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #4,953 of 6,356
does humidity hurt my headphones too....? i hope not too much cause its like permanantly 80%+ here (typical of tropical weather)

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:32 AM Post #4,954 of 6,356
Quote:
Indeed, I only have full sized cans and I wear them proudly in public. Heck I took one of my Finals with my Dt 880's on [and I was listening to some smooth Jazz] It was fantastic really! But yea... I'm used to little isolation... <.< which kinda sucks but... hoping I'll win a pair of Dt1350's and finally hear what "ISOLATION" really is 

Know your an audiophile when you sell your text books a week b4 class is over to buy a Pre Modded Tube amp... of which there is only one :D

That would never be allowed here, there's always a chance someone plays pre-recorded material with answers and stuff.
Next to that I personally wouldn't ever be able to concentrate myself on the exam then

Dec 9, 2012 at 6:58 AM Post #4,955 of 6,356
Dropping a lot of $$$ to upgrade all the signal path/power coupling/filtering capacitors in a few amp's your restoring to Elna's, BG's, Audio grade Nichicon's just so you can get that 1% of sound satisfaction.

Dec 9, 2012 at 12:00 PM Post #4,956 of 6,356
Quote:
That would never be allowed here, there's always a chance someone plays pre-recorded material with answers and stuff.
Next to that I personally wouldn't ever be able to concentrate myself on the exam then

any forms of electronic devices are banned from any part of school at any time here
redface.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:39 PM Post #4,958 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you're discussing the heat retention qualities of a former flagship can.

Yeap, only at Head Fi lol

You know your an audiophile when you flush your pride dwn the toliet and talk to that guy who hates you[because he knows ur right] ... because you need his Digi Multi Meter... gonna roll some tubes... hope he brings it >.> or I have to w8 like a week for another friend to hook me up! 

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #4,959 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

any forms of electronic devices are banned from any part of school at any time here
redface.gif

Guess I'm lucky then. I'm allowed to have any tech with me, and I'm allowed to do whatever on break time. I've even been permitted to use headphones during class itself with one earcup off.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #4,961 of 6,356
When you're constantly trying to get your friends/siblings to listen to your new headphones.

My brother objects all the time, but I win in the end. Trying to get my SA3000's on him at the moment; it's time he learns that metal and rock need great treble, not bass.

Dec 10, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #4,962 of 6,356
Quote:

Yes well I live in the SOuth East united states, where basically the stupidest most undereducated part of the US. so Thankfully know one cares to much, which allows the few some what intelligent people to enjoy life a little more. 

Dec 10, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #4,964 of 6,356
When you know the word "electrostatic" from headfi before you learn about it in chemistry.

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:49 PM Post #4,965 of 6,356
Quote:
Yes well I live in the SOuth East united states, where basically the stupidest most undereducated part of the US. so Thankfully know one cares to much, which allows the few some what intelligent people to enjoy life a little more. 

yea, im trying to teach my friends about Headfi.org if they need any headphone advice.

since lately i've been getting requests from friends to give them advice about which.

i always usually see Beats around here, only dealing with the b owners that brag them to me, and i justify my statements why they're wrong and why they arent worth the price.

grinds my gears much more when they dare bring my precious Grado's to the equation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back