You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 8, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #4,923 of 6,356
Quote:
When you spend $200+ on a cd player

I got rid of my CD player....lol.
Buy a CD, rip it, put it back in the case. If I really wanted to play one I could use my DVD player, but why risk scratching it? 
wink_face.gif

Dec 8, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #4,924 of 6,356
Quote:
Buy a CD, rip it, put it back in the case. If I really wanted to play one I could use my DVD player, but why risk scratching it? 
wink_face.gif

like this?:p

Dec 8, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #4,926 of 6,356
Quote:
wink_face.gif

All my discs are in pristine condition as well. It's funny because quite a few of the cases broken or cracked, just from getting stacked up carelessly and then toppled over/tossed around. I don't have enough shelf space for them all, so they get abused just being in the room.

But the discs inside are perfect.

Dec 8, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #4,927 of 6,356
Quote:

All my discs are in pristine condition as well. It's funny because quite a few of the cases broken or cracked, just from getting stacked up carelessly and then toppled over/tossed around. I don't have enough shelf space for them all, so they get abused just being in the room.

But the discs inside are perfect.

All my old CD's, that I had from years ago, are not so great, and took a long, long time to get ripped with EAC.  So from 2008 (when I entered the digital music scene)  forward , any CD I buy gets ripped and then put away. 

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #4,929 of 6,356
Quote:
When it costs you more to recable your headphones than the headphones cost in the first place.

That's not audiophilia, that's just ********.

The labor should be no more than $100 and the cable itself... God I'm not even gonna start.

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:28 PM Post #4,931 of 6,356
Quote:
That's not audiophilia, that's just ********.

The labor should be no more than $100 and the cable itself... God I'm not even gonna start.

Well, what if you wanted a set of KSC75's recabled? lol

Dec 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM Post #4,935 of 6,356
Quote:

I'd have trouble doing that considering the general need for isolation where I do my portable listening. I do use a full-size set, though, which is kind of annoying in the winter because the oversized strain relief on the cable entry tends to get caught on my hoodie and jacket and keeps yanking them off my ears.

Nice set of ear warmers, though.

Indeed, I only have full sized cans and I wear them proudly in public. Heck I took one of my Finals with my Dt 880's on [and I was listening to some smooth Jazz] It was fantastic really! But yea... I'm used to little isolation... <.< which kinda sucks but... hoping I'll win a pair of Dt1350's and finally hear what "ISOLATION" really is 

Know your an audiophile when you sell your text books a week b4 class is over to buy a Pre Modded Tube amp... of which there is only one :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back