1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327
329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338
Next

Last
  1. briskly
    Quote:

Streaming device. Digital out from the CLAS into whatever other DAC the user sees fit. Though it doesn't appear to be in use at that moment.

2. takato14
    Quote:
    HE-6 anyone?

But What are half the components in that? The bottom unit is really puzzling and I see 2 or 3 amps in there.

3. Saraguie
    Quote:

We know we are audiophiles when we will use at lest three pages to say how ridiculous carrying around that gear is.....YET.....we all wonder what it would be like to carry and what it sounds like.

Can anyone positively identify the components?

4. wolfetan44
    I bring FLAC on the bus. Also, sell that and just get the Pico Slim..

5. DefQon
    Quote:
    There not connected to each other as that would be impossible, there all separate parts including a DAC and few amp's, so you can get the best out of any IEM or headphone you plug into sound synergy wise. 

We call them portable bricks here which you can see a lot of in the Post your portable rig threads.

6. miceblue
    Quote:
    So do I, but the audio difference between 256 VBR and FLAC while on a bus is pretty much non-existant, I think. I haven't tried a custom in-ear monitor before, but maybe, just maybe, you can tell the differences with one of those while on a bus.

I did a little digging-around for more info on that rig, it looks like it came from here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/611553/tokyo-headphone-festival-presented-by-fujiya-avic-may-12-2012-pictorial
    ...and it seems that I am unable to upload images with Firefox AND on Chrome. o.0  Interesting, to upload someone else's photos from Head-Fi, you need to save it to your computer; you can't just post the link to the image.

80be7d68_IMG_6747.jpg

4edd2342_IMG_6739.jpg

d91b0222_IMG_6743.jpg

7. takato14
    When you'd rather have little or no bass opposed to bad bass.

8. talisman42
    Quote:

lol. I always sweat a little before disconnecting the blue wire... or is it the red wire? [​IMG]

9. PinoyPogiman
    (you may have good ears, or just good audio equipment)

when you can hear the very small hiss coming out of an iPod.

10. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:
    Hah! Good one...

When your portable rig can't grow vertically anymore, you begin to add to it horizontally...

11. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

Good one. Give me tightness, speed, and texture over thump and bloom any day. I'll even sacrifice a little extension, but not too much or else it becomes quite obvious something is missing.

12. streetdragon
    maigod, how on earth is that going to fit in your pocket.

on an unrelated note... you know you like to customize things when your MS1i looks like this

MS1i.png
    in the spirit of grado modding[​IMG]

13. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

I like it. There's almost a steampunk sort of vibe about it. I especially like the "MS1" badges. Now if they just had a matching stand, it would be great.

14. takato14
    Quote:
    I've already found out I can actually stand listening to music with absolutely no low end. my SE-500 doesn't extend audibly past 50Hz. It starts rolling off at 70. The rest of the headphone is pretty good though so it's actually listenable.

15. streetdragon
    Quote:
    thanks[​IMG] it was actually inspired by the Audeze LCD2 (or LCD3? not too sure) steampunk mod that i saw somewhere on headfi, so i got that theme from there
    SteamPunkedAudezes.jpg

maybe i would make a stand too when i have more material in stock :p

First

Back
318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327
329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338
Next

Last