You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2012 at 2:54 PM Post #4,891 of 6,356
Quote:
TSA are the security folks at American airports, train stations, etc...
http://www.tsa.gov/

Oh gawd yes, Dude... TRUE Audiophila right there! I hope I can one day be at your level <3
Quote:
Totally did this as well. That's how I started the Aftermarket IEM cables thread, I had a worksheet on a second page that was all the options of cables and eventually it encompassed all cables and tons of information. 

I do this all the time. I'm very happy with what I ended up buying. Good luck with your adventure

Yup Yup, got a job so I'm slowy picking off item from that list! Sadly a Wii U and a 1080p are about 40% of that budget.... so I'm passing up on a Litle Dot Mkiv and Getting my MONSTER HUNTER FIX, instead [which btw has a nice Ost :D

U know you an Audiophile, when you repourpose your entire room lay out to make room for moe cans! [Used some old Metal Hangars to make Head Phone Holders.... they actually work really well! The hangers can withstand about 8lbs without bending and dropping cans ^^] 

Dec 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #4,892 of 6,356
When you wear full-sized, open headphones portably if at all possible, since they sound so much better than your portable sets...

Dec 7, 2012 at 6:54 PM Post #4,893 of 6,356
Quote:
When you wear full-sized, open headphones portably if at all possible, since they sound so much better than your portable sets...

when your secondary portable set is a fully open back MS1i :p 

Dec 7, 2012 at 7:06 PM Post #4,894 of 6,356
Quote:

I'd have trouble doing that considering the general need for isolation where I do my portable listening. I do use a full-size set, though, which is kind of annoying in the winter because the oversized strain relief on the cable entry tends to get caught on my hoodie and jacket and keeps yanking them off my ears.

Nice set of ear warmers, though.

Dec 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #4,896 of 6,356
Dec 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #4,899 of 6,356
Quote:
I don't even know what the "thing" does. Does it have 1 source, 2 DACs, and 2 amps or something? Why are there 5 separate units in the rig? D:

What headphone needs that much power?

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #4,901 of 6,356
Quote:
I don't even know what the "thing" does. Does it have 1 source, 2 DACs, and 2 amps or something? Why are there 5 separate units in the rig? D:

It assures the people who make each of the separate components that they still have a market, no matter how ridiculously lopsided the cost vs benefit / usability vs benefit ratios on this stuff might be.

Dec 7, 2012 at 9:20 PM Post #4,903 of 6,356
Quote:
Source, Transport, DAC, amp, ?????

What's a transport?
blink.gif

Besides, even with all of that gear, and whatever headphone it powers, I highly doubt the user could actually detect much of a difference between that rig and a significantly smaller package...it's like bringing FLAC or 24/192 music with you on a bus. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back