You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #4,202 of 6,356
Quote:
When you get frequency anal such that 20hz-20khz frequency range of your source-output and cable limitations lets you down because your headphones support 5hz-39khz even though your audiophile ears can probably hear no better than 20hz-15Khz.

That 25kHz+ your headphones are "supporting" is probably at a much much lower sound pressure level compared to the rest of the frequencies anyway

Nov 5, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #4,203 of 6,356
Quote:
...You have to explain to your friends that you are carrying a pocket amplifier, not a second iPod. Then you have to explain what a pocket amplifier is/ does. Then why. Then how much you spent. etc. etc.

Haha. Or when your friends mistake your amplifier for a pocket radio, since it's twice as big as your DAP. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #4,205 of 6,356
you know you are an audiophile when you stuff your pillows with acoustastuff to see if it has better sonic properties.
you cringe at the thought of people buying these crappy "soundlogic dynabass" headphones, which are absolutely terrible.

Nov 5, 2012 at 12:49 PM Post #4,209 of 6,356
When you're sitting in a crowded area with work to do and refuse a friends headphones because they're Skullcandy and you rather just be upset with yourself for not bringing your own headphones/IEM's. 

I rather cringe at the world overhearing this group of girls talk about how they're sluts than borrow the headphones......should be an interesting day.

EDIT: I gave in......the girl pulled out $52 in single dollar bills from her bag and I couldn't handle hearing any more

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #4,210 of 6,356
Quote:
When you get frequency anal such that 20hz-20khz frequency range of your source-output and cable limitations lets you down because your headphones support 5hz-39khz even though your audiophile ears can probably hear no better than 20hz-15Khz.

i can hear from 15hz to 21khz thank you 
tongue.gif

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #4,211 of 6,356
EDIT: I gave in......the girl pulled out $52 in single dollar bills from her bag and I couldn't handle hearing any more

I demand details! You know... for science.

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #4,212 of 6,356
She started searching her bag for some juice for her vapor cigarette and started pulling out singles and then proceeded to count them after and was extremely loud the entire time. 
Quote:
I demand details! You know... for science.

EDIT: I was losing too much hope for the future of my generation listening to her. I had to seek out help. I'm at a university 24-hour free space area with desks.

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM Post #4,213 of 6,356
She started searching her bag for some juice for her vapor cigarette and started pulling out singles and then proceeded to count them after and was extremely loud the entire time. 

I rather meant how she got that money. You know, with them being sluts and all... :wink:

Nov 5, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #4,214 of 6,356
I catch your drift there. I questioned the same thing but am happy I don't know how. I can only be disappointed more by finding out.

Quote:
I rather meant how she got that money. You know, with them being sluts and all...
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back