1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282
284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293
Next

Last
  1. FatmanSize48
    Quote:
    I know, right? I guess she doesn't like me shelling out thousands on useless audio gear (I'm on my second surround setup, third stereo setup, third AV receiver, second turntable, second desktop (speakers and headphones) and fourth mobile setup)
    Also I say I'm doing homework when in reality I'm on head-fi. 

2. takato14
    Quote:
    Oh my God, my IT school teacher refers to me as "headphones guy" 90% of the time.

Personally I like it lol.

3. Jamesy1969
    Quote:

This. Completely, but it's not a bad thing as it's opened my ears to music that would probably have passed me by otherwise...

4. takato14

Quote:
     When there are only two 'kinds' of music in your opinion: good music, and bad music.

5. Currawong Contributor
    You know you're an audiophile when you wake up and the first thing you do is turn on your amp to ensure it is warmed up nicely for listening after breakfast when you have to start working.

6. Jamesy1969
    Quote:

I'm sorry, I know this is almost 2 weeks old, but I have to say "WHAT!?!?!?"

How can you possibly not listen to more than 30 albums in a year? Maybe I'm  the mad one but that's not more that a couple of week's-worth, at the most.

7. RUMAY408
    Quote:
    Great pick up I saw that and wondered the same thing.  I'm guessing  those 30 albums get some serious listening.  My attention span is too short.

8. VisceriousZERO
    When you rediscover your "growing-up" music with your rig and realize your life was a lie.

CashNotCredit and streetdragon like this.
  9. takato14
    Quote:
    LOL

10. PanamaHat
    When you secretly hide your new expensive audio purchases to avoid criticism from your family [​IMG] yup

11. takato14
    Quote:
    GOD yes. 

I'm gonna have to hide my DT1350s quite well when I get them. Whenever I get a new headphone they ask me how much I paid for it. I've lied every time and said $20; the minimum I've paid for any set I have is over twice that.

I'm quite certain that won't work with the 1350s.

12. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:

Thank God I don't have to do that. We share our audio purchases and totally enjoy finding new (and possibly more expensive) audio-related things to try :)

13. streetdragon
    Quote:
    at least my MS1 looks humble enough to go unnoticed[​IMG]

14. VisceriousZERO
    You know you're an audiophile when you share your headphones with your friends and smile at their faces when they realize what they've been missing with their ipods and ibuds.

(They'll either thank you for opening their eyes? ears? or never forgive you for destroying their listening experience with any audio device they currently have.)

15. Achmedisdead
    Quote:
    Guilty as charged! 

First

Back
273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282
284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293
Next

Last