You know you're an audiophile when...
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #4,111 of 6,356
Yeah. They say it doesn't have to be boring and can actually be quite fun to wait a while at a public place like a busy train station or something because you can just "watch people", which I found to be quite true. But since I joined this forum it's more like spotting and recognizing headphones in such situations :)

Nov 1, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #4,112 of 6,356
You know you're an audiophile when you have nightmares about nice headphones breaking, happened to me twice this past week
blink.gif

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:16 PM Post #4,113 of 6,356
When some stupid kid blares Guns and Roses out of his phone after the teacher tells him to use headphones/earbuds.  My friend that knows nothing about speakers/sound system says "hahaha that sounded like birds"  Get it?

Nov 1, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #4,114 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're an audiophile when you have nightmares about nice headphones breaking, happened to me twice this past week
blink.gif

happened to me too some time ago
eek.gif

(summary of my dream/nightmare in picture)

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #4,115 of 6,356

...when you're taking the Head-Fi survey that pops up every now and then and answer these questions:

...in the same survey, answer the second-to-last last bubble:

Who spends over $1000 on digital music?
Even if you buy "HD" music (personally, I don't think there are many audible differences between "regular" and "HD" music), say they're an average of $20 USD per album, that's 50 albums.
Even if you buy iTunes music, say they're an average of $12 USD per album, that's 83 albums.

I check out physical music CD's pretty regularly from the public library and I don't even think I really listen to more than 30 albums a year. T_T

***, you know you're an audiophile when you're not gonna let Amazon, iTunes, or anyone else make you pay for ****ty 128kbps MP3s. 

I buy CDs damnit.

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #4,117 of 6,356
Quote:
***, you know you're an audiophile when you're not gonna let Amazon, iTunes, or anyone else make you pay for ****ty 128kbps MP3s. 

I buy CDs damnit.

Neither Amazon or iTunes sell 128kbps MP3s. 

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:50 PM Post #4,118 of 6,356
Quote:
Quote:

I buy CDs damnit.

Neither Amazon or iTunes sell 128kbps MP3s. 

The one time I downloaded from amazon I got 128kbps. I checked my brother's music and he has 128kbps as well; he downloads from iTunes.

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #4,119 of 6,356
Quote:
The one time I downloaded from amazon I got 128kbps. I checked my brother's music and he has 128kbps as well; he downloads from iTunes.

weird. i know itunes USED to only offer in 128k AAC (which is not nearly as bad as 128mp3, but still unacceptable) but i have never gotten anything lower than 256 from amazon. most of it is VBR 0

Nov 1, 2012 at 8:55 PM Post #4,120 of 6,356
Quote:
weird. i know itunes USED to only offer in 128k AAC (which is not nearly as bad as 128mp3, but still unacceptable) but i have never gotten anything lower than 256 from amazon. most of it is VBR 0

My experience with Amazon has been the same as yours. I haven't ever bought anything from iTunes, but I believe you are correct about what they used to offer.....now I think they sell 256 AAC, now without DRM like the old 128s had.

Nov 1, 2012 at 9:47 PM Post #4,122 of 6,356
Quote:

Weird. I've downloaded from Amazon quite a few times and it's always been some variation of ~256kbps (CBR, ABR, or VBR--I've gotten all three, I think.). This is not quite ideal (my transparency point for Lame on my killer sample is V0, so 256kbps is a little low), but not horrible, either.

Maybe they offered low bitrate files when they first started offering music or something?

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #4,124 of 6,356
Quote:
You know you're a audiophile when you non-stop naming headphones' brand, model that shows up in the drama/movie/video/music video you are watching or when you are out on the sreet.

i always call out the Sennheiser HD25-II when watching tv
tongue.gif

Nov 2, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #4,125 of 6,356

You know your an audiophile when you seek other audiophiles for advice

In addition you know your an audiophile when a SMOKING hot body... is completely ignored over a nice voice... *melts*

Lol, I've secretly fallen in love with plenty of girls just by the sound of their voice.  Don't tell my wife. =x

Quote:
When you can identify any headphone on anybody in any advertisement, movie, or commercial.

I've actually turned it into a game with myself.

Quote:

Nothing wrong with careful, judicious use of EQ.

AMEN!

Quote:
When you consider wearing your headphones to a funeral... 

When you have decided with yourself that you want to be buried with your HD650s.

Quote:
When picking today's media player and headphone combo is as much of a decision as what else to wear.

HA!  I was late this morning because I was facing the same dilemma!

Quote:
When you see people wearing beats, you automatically think they are ignorant inside.

Not gonna lie, I secretly judge them inside.

Quote:

I buy CDs damnit.

My wife told me that I gotta get with the 21st century and just buy things of iTunes.  I retorted that she should do the same and buy her shoes of eBay. I ate alone that night, she was to busy shopping on eBay.  Opse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back