1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You know you're an audiophile when...

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ohhgourami, Mar 14, 2011.
First

Back
264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273
275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284
Next

Last
  1. DGriff0400
    Quote:

theres a restaurant here in the caribbean called toppers i went to for the first time,more of a bar but yeah they were playing some journey and i was like whoa nice highs and mids.phased out from hanging out with my friends for a minute or two at that time.

2. yepimonfire
    Quote:
    I could easily. In fact, if i had unlimited funds, i could easily purchase upwards of 10 albums a WEEK. 

3. roscoofyore
    when you're tearful inconsolably epically devastated for not being able to attend CANJAM due to a severe auto accident with no amount of begging that would amount to the Dr allowing you on a plane.    true story, im walking around now so im getting better, lol. 

4. Argyris Contributor
    Quote:

Oh, dear. I'm glad to hear you're getting better. Your health is always the most important thing, even if those headphones can be tempting....[​IMG]

5. VisceriousZERO
    You know you're an audiophile when you purchase several microSD cards and load each one to the brim with a different genre of music so they're "in order."

6. kazaakas
    Quote:

Ow wow, I'd have lost half of them in a month if I did that.
    Can't you just get a big one and use the genre tag?

7. VisceriousZERO

They're all 32 gig cards... And my Music folder is twice that size...

8. Argyris Contributor
    Wow. My entire music collection, counting all the classical I've been too lazy to compress properly, is less than 30 gigs. If I compressed all those classical albums the total would probably be less than 20 gigs.

I guess I'm just really picky.

You know you're an audiophile when you find it hard to listen to the Auto-Tune the News videos because the audio is so harsh and nasty (even though creatively they're brilliant).

9. Achmedisdead
    Quote:

Either picky, or maybe just young?  I suspect that a lot of the people here with huge collections are a bit older and have collected their tunes over many years. Of course, I could be wrong....[​IMG]

10. VisceriousZERO
    Quote:
    I'm OLD Boohoo

Actually I've just been collecting music ever since I was in high school (Which was like 10 years ago)... So yeah... Around 25,000 songs in my library ranging from classical, to jazz, to rock, to rap, to electronica, to several genres of metal.

:) \m/

You know you're an audiophile when you can appreciate music, no matter what genre it is.

11. miceblue
    Quote:

Well yeah, I could purchase infinite CD's in a week if I had unlimited money, whether or not I'll actually listen to them all and enjoy them all is up in the air though. I like to listen to albums thoroughly before getting another album, not just listen through them once and move on.

12. DGriff0400
  13. davidsh
    Nobody mentioned etymotic [​IMG]

14. streetdragon
  15. Malevolent
    You know you really love music/headphones/IEMs when you spend all your time at the mall doing the following things -

1) Talk about them every 5 mins, and subsequently bore your partner/friend
    2) Look at every single IEM/can that's sported by someone at the mall, and you challenge yourself to name the model, and then brag about it to your friends
    3) Go into every electronic store just to look at the same cans you saw last week, at the exact same store, in the exact same mall

I'm sure some (or all) of the above have been mentioned by my fellow audiophiles, but hey, I'm sure we all do that[​IMG]

First

Back
264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273
275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284
Next

Last